Re: Does this group include dead language?

  • Ajay Prasad
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2010
      I studied Sanskrit in school for eight years, and now I am revising it again. We could exchange notes. My native tongue is Hindi.
      By the way where are you learning it?

    • jampuppy20
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17 6:18 AM
        Hi Ajay,

        8 years! That's wonderful! I would love to exchange notes. I am taking lessons on Skype with Dr. Sudhir Kaicker, a friend of mine who co-wrote the Sanskr.ta Pradipika program. I also use other materials on the web. We just finished the online workbook for children on the Sri Aurobindo site. To that we'll be adding materials he brings back from India. My aim is to continue on to Vedic Sanskrit with the goal of singing some of the hymns from the Rig Veda. Are you familiar with Vedic Sanskrit as well as Classical?

        Please feel free to respond in a private email, Ajay.