Re: [foreignlanguage] need words in all languages

  • MOT MARIA
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23, 2010

      Sigur,dragostea mea
      Bineinteles,iubirea mea
      These are in romanian,my native language.
      Message 2 of 9 , May 23, 2010
        hi ,
        these words are in italian:
        certo,assolutamente si= sure, yes difinetly.
        caroccio, amore mio,tesorino= nice,my love, tresure.  ( used with children).
        good luck.

        Hi, all! I'm working on writing something where I need a certain type of phrase in many different languages. The phrase consists of a word or two that means YES (such as ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE, etc.) and then a word or two that is a term of endearment that you'd say to a child (such as BABY, MY LOVE, MUNCHKIN, etc.). Here's several phrases that I already have in English, Spanish and French:

        Why yes, little one.
        Certainment, cheri.
        Por supuesto, mi amor.
        Definitely, sunshine.

        If you all could suggest other words or phrases in any language (other than English), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

        --Joy

      • kenny_englishprofi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2 7:36 AM
          Hi Joy,

          German:

          Naturlich, mein Schatz  (naturally my treasure)
          Naturlich, meine Liebe (naturally my love (to a girl))

          The first one is used often.
          This sounds like a fun project. Will it be published?

          Kenny Christian
          Webmaster at English Profi
          A directory of translators and other language experts

          http://englishprofi.com

          --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, MOT MARIA <maria_wtkf@...> wrote:

          > Sigur,dragostea mea
          > Bineinteles,iubirea mea
          > These are in romanian,my native language.

        • winda_cecilia Subrata
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 11 5:02 AM
            In Indonesian:

            Tentu saja, sayang.

            Hope this helps!
            Cecilia

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 21 7:31 AM
              --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "Joy" <joym999@...> wrote:

              > Hi, all! I'm working on writing something where I need a certain type
              of phrase in many different languages. The phrase consists of a word or
              two that means YES (such as ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE, etc.) and then a word
              or two that is a term of endearment that you'd say to a child (such as
              BABY, MY LOVE, MUNCHKIN, etc.) In Kim mi= yes, zelo= of course tuno= my
              darling, zipun, ziman= sweetheart (literally= sweetest, nearest
              respectively)
            • m.fay2009
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29 2:30 PM
                k... here is one...
                with the male diminutive

                'sim meu querido'

                yes my love

                --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "j58ay" <j58ay@...> wrote:

                > --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "Joy" <joym999@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi, all! I'm working on writing something where I need a certain type
                > of phrase in many different languages. The phrase consists of a word or
                > two that means YES (such as ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE, etc.) and then a word
                > or two that is a term of endearment that you'd say to a child (such as
                > BABY, MY LOVE, MUNCHKIN, etc.) In Kim mi= yes, zelo= of course tuno= my
                > darling, zipun, ziman= sweetheart (literally= sweetest, nearest
                > respectively)

              • Joy
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 4, 2010
                  j58ay, excuse my ignorance, but what language is that?

                  --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "j58ay" <j58ay@...> wrote:

                  > --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "Joy" <joym999@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi, all! I'm working on writing something where I need a certain type
                  > of phrase in many different languages. The phrase consists of a word or
                  > two that means YES (such as ABSOLUTELY, OF COURSE, etc.) and then a word
                  > or two that is a term of endearment that you'd say to a child (such as
                  > BABY, MY LOVE, MUNCHKIN, etc.) In Kim mi= yes, zelo= of course tuno= my
                  > darling, zipun, ziman= sweetheart (literally= sweetest, nearest
                  > respectively)

                • j58ay
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
                    Kim is a moribund language of Eastern Caucasus. At least that is the endonym: the language name used by its native speakers, like suomi, shqip or euskara. I have a friend who is probably one of the last speakers, I met her at SOAS in London.
                      I'd never heard of it before: I knew of languages like Lezgi (of which I also knew a native speaker), Avar, Tsez, Lak and Dargwa but that one eluded me.
                    Setunle = I love you, kos = thanks
                    Fi = hello (lit.day)
                      It means, maybe unsurprisingly, speak or language.
                    Its grammar is simple and regular.
                    se= I, le = you (singular), ba = he, bu = she, be = it (used for non humans)
                    de = they or plural indicator