Re: [foreignlanguage] Introduction

  • yolka3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 29, 2009
      Hello Julia,
          I read your message to foreignlanguage yahoogroups.  I admire your desire to study foreign languages.  I notice one of them is English.  I send out free pages from a book "Common American Phrases" in email. And I attach a sound file in which I read aloud the pages.  If you are interested in receiving the pages, write to me at Corbin21@... or yolka3@... .
         I am from the USA.  I have been in Sweden twice.  One time in Stockholm.  Another time I was with a group of Americans driving through Sweden.  I was surprised at how many people knew English.  I don't know Swedish.
         At present I study Arabic.  But I have studied Spanish, Latin, German and Russian.
        Thank you.
       Richard (yolka, Corbin)

      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hi Julia!
        I'm a 27 year-old guy from Portugal and I love learn other languages. Today I speak Portuguese (sure!),  English and French. But I'm planning my "next steps"! What is it like the Swedish? Does it seems to any other language? Does it have those strange letters like Polish, Russian? That scares me!
        Hope to hear from you soon,
        Erich

        Check out my blog on http://erichcoppola.blogspot.com/

        My name is Julia and I am a 19-year-old girl from Sweden. Now I am working at a switchboard, but I plan to start a further education later this year. I am totally blind since birth. I am very interested in foreign languages and enjoy meeting new people, so that's why I joined this group. At the moment, I am learning English and French, but I know a tiny bit of German as well. If you need help with Swedish, I am here.
        Have a nice day.
        Julia

      • Julia Lindahl
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 8, 2009
          Hi Erich,
          Thanks for your message.
          We do have three extra letters that don't exist in the English alphabet. These are å, ä and ö. As there are only three of them, our alphabet is not that different from the English one. Swedish is an indo-european language and belongs to the Germanic family. I am sure there are a lot of differences between Swedish and Portuguese. I understand Danish and Norwegian very well. The Scandinavian languages are similar to each other.
          If you have more questions about Swedish, just let me know.

          Message 4 of 30 , May 19, 2009
            Hello, this is Salman, from the most famous country these days.

            I am a native speaker of Urdu. Currently I am trying to learn Italian, however, I am also interested in Turkish, Arabic and Persian.

            Cheers!

            Salman.

          • rationallyfaithful
            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 16, 2009
              Hello, this is just a simple post to introduce myself. I love languages and am currently trying to learn Chinese and Japanese. I would like to talk to someone who knows one of those two languages. Later after I feel more comfortable speaking Japanese and Chinese I want to learn other languages. Those other languages are Spanish, French, Arabic and Greek.

              Later, Zai Jian, Matane
              Angel
            • lfg831207
              Message 6 of 30 , Jul 7, 2009
                hi,there
                I am Chinese,currently studying in a college.
                I need to improve my english for some reasons.
                and in exchange I can help your Chinese.
                Do you use skype?

                My skype name is qq_fun2008
                Hope to hear from you soon.
              • karen murillo
                Message 7 of 30 , Jul 20, 2009
                  Good Day to all!

                  As most of you here I too have a deep love for languages. My name is Karen, and I'm a Bio undergrad. I am currently learning French and German! For the most part French, because I can't find anyone to practice German with.  If you have any tips etc... please do tell!!! I am fluent in English [lol] and Spanish [Hola!] so if you need help in those languages please let me know.

                  Once again have a great day!

                  Buen Dia a todos!

                  Como muchos de ustedes tengo un gran amor para la lenguas. Mi nombre es Karen, y estoy estudiano Biologia. Tambien estoy estudiando Frances y Aleman! Mas el Frances porque no puede ayar con quien practicar el Aleman. Si tienes algunos tips... porfavor comparte!! Hablo ingles [hello!] y español! Si necesistan ayuda en esas lenguas porfavor diganme.

                  Ten un buen dia.

                • xxdropofrainxx
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jul 30, 2009
                    --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, karen murillo <tweetygblue@...> wrote:

                    > Good Day to all!
                    >
                    > As most of you here I too have a deep love for languages. My name is Karen,
                    > and I'm a Bio undergrad. I am currently learning French and German! For the
                    > most part French, because I can't find anyone to practice German with. If
                    > you have any tips etc... please do tell!!! I am fluent in English [lol] and
                    > Spanish [Hola!] so if you need help in those languages please let me know.
                    >
                    > Once again have a great day!
                    > [?]
                    >

                    > Buen Dia a todos!
                    >
                    > Como muchos de ustedes tengo un gran amor para la lenguas. Mi nombre es
                    > Karen, y estoy estudiano Biologia. Tambien estoy estudiando Frances y
                    > Aleman! Mas el Frances porque no puede ayar con quien practicar el Aleman.
                    > Si tienes algunos tips... porfavor comparte!! Hablo ingles [hello!] y
                    > español! Si necesistan ayuda en esas lenguas porfavor diganme.
                    >

                    > Ten un buen dia.
                    > [?]

                    i know this won't help too too much but, i've taken german 2 this year and am going to keep learning it until i die :) i've taken spanish in middle school/freshman year. I'm begining to learn french once this school year starts too. I also know some esperanto (hoping to become fluent in it). I would love to just chat and improve my german and (soon to be) french skills
                  • ladyrodriguez001
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jul 31, 2009
                      Hello my name is Jay for short,
                      I am trying to learn Portugese and Arabic. I have books and audios but someone to talk to is best. I took Portugese for two years and lost all knowledge for no one close to me spoke it. I would like to travel one day abroad and Arabic interest me very much. Hope to hear from members soon.
                      Have a Good Day
                    • karen murillo
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 1, 2009
                        that would be awesome!

                        --
                        Karen Murillo LSP
                        678*977*7417
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 4, 2009
                          Hi

                          I wish to learn English communicative skills, if any one can help please reply - i am from India. To know more about my state please log on to www.keralatourism.org

                          jayakumar
                        • sameur88
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 5, 2009
                            hi lady,
                            I'm Samir, and I'm a native Arabic speaker, I can help you if you want, I'm learning Spanish, look to hear from you soon ;)

                            --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "ladyrodriguez001" <ladyrodriguez001@...> wrote:

                            > Hello my name is Jay for short,
                            > I am trying to learn Portugese and Arabic. I have books and audios but someone to talk to is best. I took Portugese for two years and lost all knowledge for no one close to me spoke it. I would like to travel one day abroad and Arabic interest me very much. Hope to hear from members soon.
                            > Have a Good Day

                          • Tom
                            Message 13 of 30 , Sep 25, 2010
                              Dear List Members,

                              As I just subscribed to this group, I would like to introduce myself.

                              My name is Tom, I live in the United States, but I was born and raised in
                              Hungary.

                              I speak English and Hungarian, and I can also get by in German, Spanish and
                              Portuguese. About ten years ago I studied Swahili, but I haven't used it
                              since then.

                              I work as a government consultant, and in my free time I collect coins and
                              run a web site for language teachers.

                              I'm looking forward to joining the discussion.

                              Tom

                              http://FindALanguageTeacher.com
                              A place for language teachers to promote their services
                              Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/langteacher