In Need Of Modern Standard Arabic Grammatical Information

  • qasim_mutiva
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Greetings to all,

      I am currently in search of good resource books and/or downloadable
      supplementary study materials that may help me to standardize my use
      of Arabic grammatical terms when teaching Arabic in English. I have
      studied Arabic for over 4 years and I have similarly studyied in an
      Arabic speaking environment for over 7 years. I am very familiar
      with classical Arabic grammatical terms but I am not familiar with
      how they have been translated and how they are used in English. I
      have heard that MSA (Modern Standard Arabic) has a standardized
      method of classifiying Arabic grammatical terms, but until now I
      have not been able to study it. If there is anyone that could send
      me a copy of MSA standardized grammatical definitions (i.e.
      Sarf=Morphology, Nahw=Grammar, Musdar=..., Atf=..., Haal=..., mafool
      mutlaq... etc...)or there is someone who could recommend some of the
      best resources in this matter, then I would truly appreciate it.

      ---Qasim
    • Uthman