ogham language

  • hbonoferte@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2001
      Ogham is the old form of writing Irish. It was named after an Irish
      God who was standing for literacy among other things.
      My problem is as follow :
      I know it was written as indentations on wood branches and on paper
      as slashes and was replaced by modern letters as the christian
      religion spread through the Island but is there still people able to
      teach it as I have come accross copies of old scripts while studying
      but could not make them out. I'd like to learn modern Irish too, but
      it may be more logical to start by Ogham and very old Irish ?
      Anyone? Thanks!