New - trying to learn Russian / Ukrainian

  • twister25f
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2006
      I just came across this group and thought I'd say hi. I'm trying to
      learn Russian / Ukrainian and thought I would ask if anyone has any
      suggestions for someone who knows nothing about it. What are the
      differences between Russian & Ukrainian? I picked up a book & CD's on
      learning Ukrainian but so far all I have done it try to get familiar
      with the cryllic alphabet. If anyone has any tips, advice, etc. or
      knows a place around Kansas City such as a store or something run by
      native Russians or Ukrainians please let me know. I might need some
      help refreshing my German also. Who knows. I might even try to pick up
      some other languages while I'm here! Thanks!

      Fred