Re: [foreignlanguage] Translation help - Tagalog or Visayan ?

  • Ron Ramsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
      Disregard on the translation help. It is Cebuano (Visayan) and I already got my answer from another language group (sebuano_link).

      Ron Ramsey <combatid2000@...> wrote:
      Her message was as follows:
      "Mo tu-o ka man o dili gihigugma ko usab ikaw. Malipayong pasko usab kanimo ug bulahang bag-ong tuig ang atong Ginoo magapanalangin kanimo ug magahatag kanimo ug maayong lawas ug magahatag sa imong mga gikinahanglan."

      Thanks.

      Ron

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • qpwoeiru134679 .
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
        hi ron... what is Cebuano?

        tony

        >From: "Ron Ramsey" <combatid2000@...>
        >To: foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [foreignlanguage] Translation help - Tagalog or Visayan ?
        >Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 06:43:40 -0000
        >

        >I am very interested in language study. My native language is English
        >(American). I have a good grasp of Spanish. I am currently learning
        >Tagalog and Cebuano, as well as a smattering of other words in the
        >different languages of the Philippines.
        >
        >I recently sent a text message to an old girlfriend that I haven't
        >spoken to in some time. She is from the Philippines, the Visayan
        >islands area. We have never conversed much in any language other than
        >English ... sometimes some 'simple' Tagalog phrase or expressions,
        >such as - Hoy!, salamat, maraming salamat, kumusta, paalam,
        >paumanhin, etc.
        >
        >Anyway, in the text message I said, "Hoy! Malipayong Pasko ug
        >Bulahang Bag-ong Tuig! Gihigugma ko ikaw." (The last sentence was,
        of
        >course, one that we often used.)
        >
        >Her response was entirely in "her native language', no English. I
        can
        >only understand bits and pieces of it. Could someone please help with
        >the translation??
        >
        >Her message was as follows:
        >"Mo tu-o ka man o dili gihigugma ko usab ikaw. Malipayong pasko
        usab
        >kanimo ug bulahang bag-ong tuig ang atong Ginoo magapanalangin kanimo
        >ug magahatag kanimo ug maayong lawas ug magahatag sa imong mga
        >gikinahanglan."
        >
        >Thanks.
        >
        >Ron

      • Ron Ramsey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          Hi, Tony. Cebuano is one the languages of the Philippines, of which there are over so 160 languages and dialects. Cebuano is primarily from the Cebu and Visayan Islands area of the Philippines. Cebuano is also refered to as Visayan/Bisayan.

          Ron

          "qpwoeiru134679 ." <qpwoeiru134679@...> wrote:

          hi ron... what is Cebuano?

          tony