Introduction

  • Marcelo Garrão
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I need to learn English (Australian English if possible) and I can help
      who wants to learn Brazilian Portuguese.
      I'm not a portuguese language teacher but a I am a Brazilian :)

      Thanks very much,
      Marcelo.
    • Mariela Riva
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 29, 2005
        Hello people, I just joined this group and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mariela and I am from Argentina. My mother tongue is Spanish. I am an advanced student of Spanish and Literature at University, and hope to get my degree by this December or next March as late. I love languages. English is my second language and I learned it mostly on my own, though of course, I took my first steps with a private teacher whom I owe quite a lot to. I was willing to learn German for so many years, but could never find a tutor or a professor that wanted to help me. I just could learn some basic lessons of German grammar, but then the professor had to leave me because of lack of time and I was forced to stop learning. I did not lose hopes completely, but wonder if I will ever be able to really learn that language.
        Now, I am also willing to learn French. I love communications, and this must be the reason why I love languages.
        I would really appreciate if somebody wanted to help me with German or French language. I offer in exchange to tutor anybody who is interested in learning Spanish. Indeed I use to tutor foreigners on the Internet!
        Many thanks, and am really putting here expectations and hopes, so hope to get replies!
        Cheers,
            Mariela

      • Mikal
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 10, 2005
          Mariela,

          My native language is English, I am from North Carolina.  Aber ich kann auch Deutsch, y , de vez en cuando, un poco español.   Estudié le francais mais je ne parle pas cette langue.    ¿Cómo seguimos con un intercambio?  Solo por email, o ¿es que hay otras formas para hacerlo?

          Mikal

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 29, 2006
            Hello everyone,

            my name is David and I live in England. I've been fascinated with
            foreign languages for decades and have decided it's time I actually got
            off my butt to learn a little.

            The languages I particularly like are Dutch, Portugues and Norwegian
            but I also like French and Italian. I'm not going to become fluent in
            all of them of course but maybe I can learn enough before I get too old
            to hold conversations, write letters etc.

            Obviously, if I can help anyone with English I will more than happy to
            oblige.

            Finally may I wish a Happy New Year to everyone.

            David
          • JacobRi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 5, 2007
              where do you live in England (I'm in Northumberland)?
            • Julia Lindahl
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 24, 2009
                Hi all
                I am a new member of this group.
                My name is Julia and I am a 19-year-old girl from Sweden. Now I am working at a switchboard, but I plan to start a further education later this year. I am totally blind since birth. I am very interested in foreign languages and enjoy meeting new people, so that's why I joined this group. At the moment, I am learning English and French, but I know a tiny bit of German as well. If you need help with Swedish, I am here.
                Have a nice day.
                Julia
              • yolka3@aol.com
                Message 7 of 30 , Jan 29, 2009
                  Hello Julia,
                      I read your message to foreignlanguage yahoogroups.  I admire your desire to study foreign languages.  I notice one of them is English.  I send out free pages from a book "Common American Phrases" in email. And I attach a sound file in which I read aloud the pages.  If you are interested in receiving the pages, write to me at Corbin21@... or yolka3@... .
                     I am from the USA.  I have been in Sweden twice.  One time in Stockholm.  Another time I was with a group of Americans driving through Sweden.  I was surprised at how many people knew English.  I don't know Swedish.
                     At present I study Arabic.  But I have studied Spanish, Latin, German and Russian.
                    Thank you.
                   Richard (yolka, Corbin)

                  My name is Julia and I am a 19-year-old girl from Sweden. Now I am working at a switchboard, but I plan to start a further education later this year. I am totally blind since birth. I am very interested in foreign languages and enjoy meeting new people, so that's why I joined this group. At the moment, I am learning English and French, but I know a tiny bit of German as well. If you need help with Swedish, I am here.
                  Have a nice day.
                  Julia
                • Erich Coppola
                  Message 8 of 30 , Feb 2, 2009
                    Hi Julia!
                    I'm a 27 year-old guy from Portugal and I love learn other languages. Today I speak Portuguese (sure!),  English and French. But I'm planning my "next steps"! What is it like the Swedish? Does it seems to any other language? Does it have those strange letters like Polish, Russian? That scares me!
                    Hope to hear from you soon,
                    Erich

                    Check out my blog on http://erichcoppola.blogspot.com/

                    Message 9 of 30 , Feb 8, 2009
                      Hi Erich,
                      Thanks for your message.
                      We do have three extra letters that don't exist in the English alphabet. These are å, ä and ö. As there are only three of them, our alphabet is not that different from the English one. Swedish is an indo-european language and belongs to the Germanic family. I am sure there are a lot of differences between Swedish and Portuguese. I understand Danish and Norwegian very well. The Scandinavian languages are similar to each other.
                      If you have more questions about Swedish, just let me know.

                      Message 10 of 30 , May 19, 2009
                        Hello, this is Salman, from the most famous country these days.

                        I am a native speaker of Urdu. Currently I am trying to learn Italian, however, I am also interested in Turkish, Arabic and Persian.

                        Cheers!

                        Salman.

                      • rationallyfaithful
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jun 16, 2009
                          Hello, this is just a simple post to introduce myself. I love languages and am currently trying to learn Chinese and Japanese. I would like to talk to someone who knows one of those two languages. Later after I feel more comfortable speaking Japanese and Chinese I want to learn other languages. Those other languages are Spanish, French, Arabic and Greek.

                          Later, Zai Jian, Matane
                          Angel
                        • lfg831207
                          Message 12 of 30 , Jul 7, 2009
                            hi,there
                            I am Chinese,currently studying in a college.
                            I need to improve my english for some reasons.
                            and in exchange I can help your Chinese.
                            Do you use skype?

                            My skype name is qq_fun2008
                            Hope to hear from you soon.
                          • karen murillo
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jul 20, 2009
                              Good Day to all!

                              As most of you here I too have a deep love for languages. My name is Karen, and I'm a Bio undergrad. I am currently learning French and German! For the most part French, because I can't find anyone to practice German with.  If you have any tips etc... please do tell!!! I am fluent in English [lol] and Spanish [Hola!] so if you need help in those languages please let me know.

                              Once again have a great day!

                              Buen Dia a todos!

                              Como muchos de ustedes tengo un gran amor para la lenguas. Mi nombre es Karen, y estoy estudiano Biologia. Tambien estoy estudiando Frances y Aleman! Mas el Frances porque no puede ayar con quien practicar el Aleman. Si tienes algunos tips... porfavor comparte!! Hablo ingles [hello!] y español! Si necesistan ayuda en esas lenguas porfavor diganme.

                              Ten un buen dia.

                            • xxdropofrainxx
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jul 30, 2009
                                --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, karen murillo <tweetygblue@...> wrote:

                                > Good Day to all!
                                >
                                > As most of you here I too have a deep love for languages. My name is Karen,
                                > and I'm a Bio undergrad. I am currently learning French and German! For the
                                > most part French, because I can't find anyone to practice German with. If
                                > you have any tips etc... please do tell!!! I am fluent in English [lol] and
                                > Spanish [Hola!] so if you need help in those languages please let me know.
                                >
                                > Once again have a great day!
                                > [?]
                                >

                                > Buen Dia a todos!
                                >
                                > Como muchos de ustedes tengo un gran amor para la lenguas. Mi nombre es
                                > Karen, y estoy estudiano Biologia. Tambien estoy estudiando Frances y
                                > Aleman! Mas el Frances porque no puede ayar con quien practicar el Aleman.
                                > Si tienes algunos tips... porfavor comparte!! Hablo ingles [hello!] y
                                > español! Si necesistan ayuda en esas lenguas porfavor diganme.
                                >

                                > Ten un buen dia.
                                > [?]

                                i know this won't help too too much but, i've taken german 2 this year and am going to keep learning it until i die :) i've taken spanish in middle school/freshman year. I'm begining to learn french once this school year starts too. I also know some esperanto (hoping to become fluent in it). I would love to just chat and improve my german and (soon to be) french skills
                              • ladyrodriguez001
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jul 31, 2009
                                  Hello my name is Jay for short,
                                  I am trying to learn Portugese and Arabic. I have books and audios but someone to talk to is best. I took Portugese for two years and lost all knowledge for no one close to me spoke it. I would like to travel one day abroad and Arabic interest me very much. Hope to hear from members soon.
                                  Have a Good Day
                                • karen murillo
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 1, 2009
                                    that would be awesome!

                                    --
                                    Karen Murillo LSP
                                    678*977*7417
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 4, 2009
                                      Hi

                                      I wish to learn English communicative skills, if any one can help please reply - i am from India. To know more about my state please log on to www.keralatourism.org

                                      jayakumar
                                    • sameur88
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 5, 2009
                                        hi lady,
                                        I'm Samir, and I'm a native Arabic speaker, I can help you if you want, I'm learning Spanish, look to hear from you soon ;)

                                        --- In foreignlanguage@yahoogroups.com, "ladyrodriguez001" <ladyrodriguez001@...> wrote:

                                        > Hello my name is Jay for short,
                                        > I am trying to learn Portugese and Arabic. I have books and audios but someone to talk to is best. I took Portugese for two years and lost all knowledge for no one close to me spoke it. I would like to travel one day abroad and Arabic interest me very much. Hope to hear from members soon.
                                        > Have a Good Day

                                      • Tom
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Sep 25 3:46 PM
                                          Dear List Members,

                                          As I just subscribed to this group, I would like to introduce myself.

                                          My name is Tom, I live in the United States, but I was born and raised in
                                          Hungary.

                                          I speak English and Hungarian, and I can also get by in German, Spanish and
                                          Portuguese. About ten years ago I studied Swahili, but I haven't used it
                                          since then.

                                          I work as a government consultant, and in my free time I collect coins and
                                          run a web site for language teachers.

                                          I'm looking forward to joining the discussion.

                                          Tom

                                          http://FindALanguageTeacher.com
                                          A place for language teachers to promote their services
                                          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/langteacher