Re: Chumitu?

  • ntrebelo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      --- In foreignlanguage@y..., "itv_geo" <ar249@h...> wrote:
      > --- In foreignlanguage@y..., "ntrebelo" <IdinhaRebelo@n...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > It may match few different real words in BP supposing that you
      are
      > > making a kind of "phonetic" transcription. It would be necessary
      > > know in which context it is said or in what kind of phrase or
      both.

      > It was said as a "greeting" remark. That is, when he saw me he
      > said "chumitu."

      So, it may be *sumido* /sumidw/ which means he hadn't seen you for
      long time and said that you were not coming with the desired
      frequency.

      It is a greeting and a kind of criticism that means you should appear
      more often. Or a quind of request of explanations or concerning about
      what could have been the reason of your absence.

      Greetings,
      Ida Rebelo