welcome - here's a link

  • James Sievert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2000
      Hi everybody and welcome to the list.

      Now that a small group of you have joined, I want to get things moving right
      away.

      Since I don't have any really pressing questions or translation issues, I
      thought I'd tell you about the babelfish translation service at AltaVista.
      The Web address (URL) is http://babelfish.altavista.com/

      Like any automatic translator, it is far from perfect. Do not expect the
      translations to be presentation quality - not even close. It is however a
      fun tool which is extremely fast and will help people who are eager to
      learn. If you know very little of a language, it will render a string of
      text which is unintelligible to you reasonably easy to understand - so it's
      a good starting point. It will translate up to 5k of text at a time.

      Enjoy and again welcom to the group.

      James, the list owner.