New member

  • Thomas Kyle
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hello. I own a '96 Windstar (bought used in '98 w/24,000 miles, now
      have 60K) and so far it's been a good vehicle (no tranny or head
      gasket problems yet, but I have an 8yr/80,000 mile warranty). I saw
      a post about someone saying that the tires loose pressure on a
      regular basis. Mine were doing the same until I had new tires
      mounted. The shop that put the new treads on really had to remove a
      lot of corrosion on the rims, which I thought was a little strange as
      my 10 year old Dodge with alloy wheels never had that problem. Maybe
      Ford uses cheaper aluminum for the wheels. So far with a month and
      1,000 miles on the new tires they have yet to loose a pound of
      pressure.

      Hopefully my van will last a long time without major problems (unlike
      the tranny in my Dodge).

      Tom K.
    • nemeth@apk.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2001
        Hello, My name is Kristie and we are going tomorrow to pickup our
        first minivan 2001 Ford windstar. Does anyone have one and do you
        like it? We have 2 children and need more room.
      • parker brooks
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2001
          hi kristie,

          i've got a '00 cargo version, and at 45k miles already, it's been great.
          only one big problem that i still haven't gotten fixed (i won't take it to
          the dealership unless it's a computer program or something where i don't
          have the resources to fix). it's a ping problem which i've been told only
          affected '99-'00 3.8L v6 engines. oil gets ingested in through the pcv valve
          and makes it's way through the intake and down into the combustion chamber.

          let us know which trim level you get and what you think of it yourself.

          good luck, and enjoy yourself,
          parker
        • Mike,Kristie,&girls
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2001
            Parker,
             We recieved our Windstar on Saturday 7/21 and just love it.  We got the 2001 Ford Windstar SE Sport.  We never thought we would like a minivan, but love this one.