Re: HELP! Will a 7.3 swap for a 460 on an AOD tranny in an E350 van?

  • Charles Ledger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23 6:46 AM
      An E350 with a 460 would have an E4OD--the AOD is the light duty pickup and sedan transmission. The 7.3 would need a different E4OD (the gas and diesel transmissions are built differently). You will need to swap out the engine computer from the 460 with a transmission computer for a diesel. I don't know if the engine will fit in your van with the turbo.

      --- In forddiesel@yahoogroups.com, "torqueabunch" <torqueabunch@...> wrote:

      > I want to put a 7.3 with a Paxton turbo in an E 350 van. Anyone done this? Thanks Dan

    • Dan Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24 5:32 AM
        Thanks.  A manual trans is easier?  Dan