[forcefieldpropulsionphysics] Re: deAquino theory and experiments

  • Steve Burns
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
      Kendrick,
      Not yet. I expect to receive my 5V 200A PS this week. Looking at the
      equations it is hard to get this coil to yield negative mass. Since the
      antenna length is short, frequency low and wire diameter small, the
      radiation efficiency is low and so lots of heat is generated. I look at the
      coil as a quick and dirty way to try something. Going lower in frequency
      makes the current increase rapidly since you are approaching a DC short.
      Higher frequency does not give negative mass. A larger wire diameter
      shortens antenna length reducing radiated power density and a smaller wire
      diameter increases ohmic resistance increasing heat dissipation. You can
      start to see how delicate the balances are.
      Steve

      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
        Kendrick,
        If you can not access the vault and can read pdf's, email me directly and I
        will send the info. You need to explore the equations to get a feel for how
        parameters tie together. I posted an EXCEL spreadsheet in the vault
        containing all calculations.

        Your assessment is correct with the addition of maximizing encapsulating
        medium conductivity. Fran feels a slight encapsulating medium conductivity
        (~5 to 10 S/m) is optimum but my equation exploration indicates the larger
        the better. Obviously you need to insulate the antenna from the conductive
        encapsulating medium. He has an encapsulation medium (mu(r)~2500 and
        sigma=~10S/m) to slow antenna phase velocity and a surrounding gravity
        shield (mu(r)=25000and sigma~6E+6S/m) yielding reduced gravitational mass
        thus shielding the internals from gravity. My calculations show the shield
        itself can slow phase velocity and therefore the in between medium is not
        necessary. Remember, Fran has a working model and I do not.
        Steve

        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
          John,
          You are on track. The 300A from the secondary is flowing into the dipole and
          being radiated into the surrounding medium. This creates the ELF power
          density absorbed by the surrounding annealed iron shield atoms. Fran clams
          measurements indicate 98% of this energy is being absorbed by the annealed
          iron surrounding the antenna coils. Since there is no direct connection
          between secondary leads, flowing current (neglecting leakage) is radiating
          current. The antenna complexity is why no one has observed this
          inadvertently. I did a calculation for an iron atom one meter from a 1000W
          60Hz baseboard heater that resulted in a weight reduction of ~1E-56. Try and
          measure that!
          Steve

          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
            All,

            Info on Fran's ELF experiment can be found at:

            http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/9910036

            His email indicates he is updating with expermential results which
            should show up today.
            Steve
          • sburns@ibnets.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
                All,

                After much thought, I think Fran's new idea is valid. If permeability
                is plotted as a function of magnetic flux density, as magnetic flux
                increases so does permeability. Permeability data is usually given as
                initial (low flux) and maximum (flux saturation). There is typically
                greater than an order of magnitude difference between the values. For
                example Supermalloy low flux density is ~80,000 and maximum ~1,000,000.
                What Fran is saying is replace the outer AC steel duct with a
                non-magnetic PVC pipe and generate an external magnetic field around
                the device. The external flux will increase his annealed iron
                permeability from 25,000 to 3,000,000. This will reduce current needed
                for negative mass. If my posted mu metal coil is places between two
                strong magnets the following changes:

                Antenna efficiency increases from 65% to 95%,
                Antenna dissipated heat is reduced from 225 watts to 4 watts,
                Minimum current needed for negative mass is reduced from 170A to 25A at
                0.13Hz.

                This now becomes a hose hold experiment. IMO, Fran is a genius.

                Steve
              • kfbrown@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 1, 2000
                  Hi Steve:

                  I have gone through De Aquino's derivations step by step and from
                  gr-qc/9910036 eq. 1.05, it seems that (provided EM field frequency is
                  very low) the main parameter that determines the strength of the effect
                  is the product of a body's magnetic permeability and conductivity (i.e.
                  MU SIGMA).

                  I noticed on his webpage that he gave an example of gravitational
                  shielding using a high temperature superconducting material, which has
                  huge (mu sigma) due to its super high conductivity. Do you think due
                  to this that if superconducting YBCO were substituted into your version
                  of his experiment in place of the Digikey (nickel?) that a much larger
                  effect would be obtained? This would make the experiment very similar
                  to the Podkletnov experiment, which I saw explained in terms of De
                  Aquino's theories in the vault.

                  Kedrick
                • sburns@ibnets.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 2, 2000
                    Kedrick,
                    Your conclusion is the same as mine. Early on Fran had several super
                    conducting ideas. At one point we even had a Tesla coil as power. The
                    problem I see with superconductors (sigma~1E20) is it is not easy to
                    reduce or reverse current density J that is needed for frequency
                    radiation. Frans idea of immersing the shield metal in a larger
                    magnetic field will increase permeability by ~10. The equations say you
                    get a lot friendlier experiment in terms of required current and
                    antenna dissipated power. I am thinking of placing a permanent magnet
                    or solenoid inside the metal can. If all wire windings are inside the
                    can then the shield should cancel all weight.

                    Steve

                    kfbrow-@... wrote:
                    original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/forcefieldpropulsionphysi
                    cs/?start=378

                  • kfbrown@hotmail.com
                    Message 9 of 28 , Feb 2, 2000
                      Hi Steve:

                      You wrote:
                      > problem I see with superconductors (sigma~1E20) is it is not easy to
                      > reduce or reverse current density J that is needed for frequency
                      > radiation.

                      Do you mean current density in the superconducting material itself? I
                      was not aware that a current had to flow within the (mu sigma) material
                      - in this case the superconductor. I thought that EM fields had to be
                      applied to this (mu sigma) material in order for its mass to be reduced.

                      > radiation. Frans idea of immersing the shield metal in a larger
                      > magnetic field will increase permeability by ~10. The equations say
                      you
                      > get a lot friendlier experiment in terms of required current and
                      > antenna dissipated power. I am thinking of placing a permanent magnet
                      > or solenoid inside the metal can. If all wire windings are inside the
                      > can then the shield should cancel all weight.

                      Perhaps the permanent magnet (rather than the can) could be used as the
                      (mu sigma) material, as a permanent magnet is basically (mu sigma)
                      material that comes with its own built in strong magnetic field
                      (created by magnetization). Alternately, you could permanently
                      magnetize the can itself - I am assuming that this internal magnetic
                      field can increase the (mu sigma) material's permeability just as well
                      as an externally applied magnetic field. What do you think?

                      Kedrick
                    • sburns@ibnets.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , Feb 3, 2000
                        Kedrick,
                        I am not a superconductor expert and hesitate to discourage something
                        that might work. My concerns are:
                        1. Can the field induce eddy currents that muck up the shield
                        properties?
                        2. The ME occurs because superconductors expel magnetic fields. What
                        does this mean for EM fields?

                        As far as the magnet, you have now reached (or exceeded) a level of
                        understanding of myself. Congratulations! Let me know what you find out.
                        Steve

                        kfbrow-@... wrote:
                        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/forcefieldpropulsionphysi
                        cs/?start=398
                        > Hi Steve:
                        >
                        > You wrote:
                        > > problem I see with superconductors (sigma~1E20) is it is not easy to
                        > > reduce or reverse current density J that is needed for frequency
                        > > radiation.
                        >
                        > Do you mean current density in the superconducting material itself? I
                        > was not aware that a current had to flow within the (mu sigma)
                        material
                        > - in this case the superconductor. I thought that EM fields had to be
                        > applied to this (mu sigma) material in order for its mass to be
                        reduced.

                        > > radiation. Frans idea of immersing the shield metal in a larger
                        > > magnetic field will increase permeability by ~10. The equations say
                        > you
                        > > get a lot friendlier experiment in terms of required current and
                        > > antenna dissipated power. I am thinking of placing a permanent
                        magnet
                        > > or solenoid inside the metal can. If all wire windings are inside
                        the
                        > > can then the shield should cancel all weight.
                        >
                        > Perhaps the permanent magnet (rather than the can) could be used as
                        the
                        > (mu sigma) material, as a permanent magnet is basically (mu sigma)
                        > material that comes with its own built in strong magnetic field
                        > (created by magnetization). Alternately, you could permanently
                        > magnetize the can itself - I am assuming that this internal magnetic
                        > field can increase the (mu sigma) material's permeability just as well
                        > as an externally applied magnetic field. What do you think?
                        >
                        > Kedrick

                      • John Schnurer
                        Message 11 of 28 , Feb 3, 2000
                          Dear Folks,

                          In the writing below, please see question:

                          Message 12 of 28 , Feb 4, 2000
                            Hi John and Steve:

                            > 1. Can the field induce eddy currents that muck up the shield
                            > properties?
                            > 2. The ME occurs because superconductors expel magnetic fields. What
                            > does this mean for EM fields?

                            As far as I know, magnetic fields can exist within HTSCs (although they
                            are diamagnetic, but not completely -- somewhat like Bismuth) -- so
                            this means that EM fields can exist within HTSCs as well. For example,
                            see DeAquino's webpage where he gives an example of a huge
                            ELF/superconductor system (area 1000 m^2) -- the magnetic permeability
                            that he gives for the HTSC is approximately equal to that of free space.

                            I think that a modified version of the Podkletnov experiment with
                            strong ELF fields is worth trying, but still rather complicated due to
                            the supercooling process, etc.

                            ------------

                            I have also thought recently of using wire made out of (mu sigma)
                            material (e.g. annealed iron wire) for the antenna. The wire can be
                            wrapped in such a way that it magnetizes itself and hopefully increases
                            its own permeability (as well as decreasing its own mass according to
                            the equations) -- a very simple example is to imagine a straight
                            segment of wire that runs right through the center of a solenoid and
                            whose ends are connected to the ends of the solenoid to form a complete
                            circuit.

                            I'm not exactly sure how DeAquino's equations work if the test body
                            whose mass is being reduced has currents flowing through it, but my
                            intuition would be that this should not matter much because it simply
                            means that the particles within the body are moving at a low velocity.

                            Kedrick
                          • Kyle R. Mcallister
                            Message 13 of 28 , Feb 8, 2000
                              > Kyle, if I remember correctly you
                              > once told me something about applying car battery current to an air
                              > core solenoid which caused the solenoid to jump around a little when
                              > the circuit was closed?? - maybe this is related.

                              It was an air core toroid, and yes, it was fed from a car battery. I have
                              since abandoned my result as being an interaction with the Earth's magnetic
                              field. I wasn't quite as knowledgeable back then as I am now, and I no
                              longer trust what my limited tests showed me. I suppose there could be some
                              effect, but I don't know how one would go about filtering it. I don't think
                              there is anything interesting to the toroid + car battery thing, but if
                              anyone is interested in messing with it, you have my blessings. John
                              Schnurer has posted some messages to another discussion group about
                              shielding...he would know what to do if you wanted to test something like
                              this.

                              John, what is your input?

                              --Kyle R. Mcallister
                            • John Schnurer
                              Message 14 of 28 , Feb 13, 2000
                                Dear De Aq. and K. B., et al

                                Please see note, comment, question [s] in text, below.....

                                ___________ FLAG _________________

                                > I noticed on his webpage that he gave an example of gravitational
                                > shielding using a high temperature superconducting material, which has
                                > huge (mu sigma)

                                Q: What, specifically do you mean by "mu sigma" ?

                                Q: Do you mean permeability?

                                Q: In or with or of your use, does "huge (mu sigma) mean
                                a large permeability?

                                Message 15 of 28 , Feb 13, 2000
                                  Hi John:

                                  > Q: What, specifically do you mean by "mu sigma" ?
                                  >
                                  > Q: Do you mean permeability?
                                  >
                                  > Q: In or with or of your use, does "huge (mu sigma) mean
                                  > a large permeability?

                                  By (mu sigma) I mean the PRODUCT of a body's magnetic permeability and
                                  electric conductivity. Thus a "huge" (mu sigma) could occur in a body
                                  with high magnetic permeability and good conductivity (e.g. annealed
                                  iron) OR... a body with average or less than average magnetic
                                  permeability and superhigh conductivity (e.g. YBCO) etc. etc. There
                                  are clearly many other combinations.

                                  (mu sigma) is the variable part of the more complete factor (c^2 mu
                                  sigma), from De Aquino's equations. The factor (c^2 mu sigma)
                                  interestingly has units of rad/sec i.e. gravitomagnetic flux density,
                                  which may or may not be significant.

                                  In any case, I think that De Aquino's equations help to at least
                                  partially explain the Podkletnov effect and point to possibly better
                                  methods of demonstrating it.

                                  Kedrick
                                • GRAHAM ENNIS
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Feb 26, 2000
                                    Dear Colin,
                                    This is very interesting!!!
                                    Query, what is the actual output at 300 amps, in watts? (RMS)
                                    This will enable us to get a handle on the efficiency!!!
                                    regards
                                    Graham.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Feb 27, 2000
                                      Graham,
                                      Efficiency is what I struggled with from the beginning of this effort.
                                      For a very short antenna, input power divides between the element ohmic
                                      resistance (heat) and radiation resistance. This is why Fran's solid
                                      copper elements have such a large diameter. This provides a low ohmic
                                      resistance so efficiency equals:

                                      eff = Prad/(Prad+Pohm) so power radiated and not wasted as heat is:

                                      Prad = eff*Pin

                                      At 100% all input power is radiated. I know it is hard to beleive but
                                      Frans dipole is <95% efficient.
                                      Steve

                                      "graham ennis" <chiefpilo-@...> wrote:
                                      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/forcefieldpropulsionphysi
                                      cs/?start=710
                                      > Dear Colin,
                                      > This is very interesting!!!
                                      > Query, what is the actual output at 300 amps, in watts? (RMS)
                                      > This will enable us to get a handle on the efficiency!!!
                                      > regards
                                      > Graham.

                                    • Adrian
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Feb 27, 2000

                                        Anybody been apprised of NASA warnings of an extra heavy sun flare? Might be
                                        a good occasion to test a few constants and be careful with any experiments,
                                        perhaps. My telly & radio reception has been lousy since last week.

                                        Adrian