On Mach's Principles

  • Paul Hoiland
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2004
    • Jack Martinelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2004
        Nice paper.  Although the math is above my head, I agree with your conclusions.

        I have arrived at the same conclusions.  My reasoning, however, is much simpler.  I begin with an unbounded frame as a fundamental existent & am able to use this as a constraint to deduce the nature of inertial & non-inertial frames.  If I understand correctly, you imply that the "dragged frame"/brane is finite?  I would be interested in hearing some discussion about this.

        Also, what do you use for your equations?

        BTW, you can prevent long URL's from breaking (as below) by using www.tinyurl.com

        Here's a shortened URL to your paper.

        Regards

        Jack Martinelli

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2004

          Over time I have come to equate for many reasons the Brane itself with the zero point of normal quantum theory.  In essence then every zero point forms a surface with the brane itself.   Some of this co-moving issue I had hit upon in looks at the ZPF itself from a quatum perspective, which was one reason I had earlier articles in the Journal of Theoretics on simular subjects, with this being the first dealing directly with Mach's principles and with the aether drift subject in general.

          Generally, I have always been a member of the variable speed of light camp and with certain quantum non-local effects I was actually surprized that brane models upheld the issue of no locally measurable frame of reference.   There was a time I had suspect some sort of measurable frame would show up close to the Plank scale.

          Do you Yahoo!?