E-field gradient and Lifters, Biefield-Brown effect

  • Vencislav
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      From: pstowe@... (Paul Stowe)
      Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics.new-theories
      Subject: Re: biefeld-brown-effect
      Date: 6 Dec 1995 14:56:53 GMT

      In <4a1ug7$e18@...-zwickau.de> m.opitz@...-zwickau.de
      writes:

      > Does anyone know facts on a so called biefeld (or bielfeld?)-brown-effect?
      > Are there any books, articles etc.?
      > I believe it is about gravity...
      > I would enjoy answers.
      > Thanks

      Below is an article I wrote that attempts to explain the Biefield-Brown
      effect. Hope it helps.......................................Paul Stowe

      Electro-Dynamics and its Application to Propulsion

      The term "Electro-Dynamics" applies to all systems that utilize electrical
      charge or potential to create useful work. This term therefore includes
      standard electrical circuits and due to the nature of electromagnetism will
      include magnetic properties. However, what sets electro-dynamics systems
      apart is they ignore the magnetic effects in the design of the system. A
      simple example of an electro-dynamic device is a flashlight.

      As applied to propulsion, electro-dynamic systems are predominantly ion
      generators and Grad E electron/ion/dielectric accelerators. Most ion devices
      will by the very nature of their design, be of the later type.

      It was the physicist T.T. Brown who probably held the most patents pertaining
      to these Grad E propulsive concepts. The most interesting result of Brown's
      work is his controversial claim that such Grad E systems will continue to
      produce thrust in a hard vacuum, albeit the thrust is significantly reduced
      (by many orders of magnitude).

      He put the minimum required voltage for such vacuum systems at 250KV with
      practical operational requirements at greater than 500KV. In the presence of
      a dielectric medium (such as air, oil, ..etc) this voltage could be reduced to
      the 100KV range to produce practical measurable thrust.

      As far as I can tell from studying his design notes, T.T. Brown clearly
      identified the Grad E effect as being related to gravitation. Specifically,
      he saw that a directionalized Grad E produces an acceleration field, and that
      this field, when superimposed on a gravitational acceleration field, could
      either enhance or reduce the observed affect on the masses contained therein.

      He never claimed that the electric gradient WAS gravitation only that it could
      directly modify observed gravitational effects. Thus the term Electro-
      Gravitics was coined. Much has already been written on this topic and the
      focus of this article IS NOT to duplicate these discussions.

      The focus of this article is to provide the reader a means of easily
      visualizing what this electrical gradient is and how to produce this effect.

      To this end, let's start by visualizing an electrical gradient. In this
      we will use a fluid flow analog. This approach is not at all uncommon and an
      example found on page 210 (Figure 7-18) of "Physics for Scientist and
      Engineers", Lobkowicz and Melissinos, Volume 2 is a classic representation.
      Quoting this caption:

      "More fluid analogy: If the same amount of fluid flows through different
      areas "S", the velocity is indirectly proportional to the area size. We
      conclude that the electric field magnitude is proportional to the DENSITY
      OF THE FLUX LINES."

      Taking this exact example further, consider a typical convergent nozzle
      (Rocket Nozzle), in this discussion flow will be from the small end to the
      large end. In this case, the fluid velocity is greater at the inlet that at
      the outlet, resulting in the deceleration from inlet to outlet. This
      decelerative action in the fluid results in an observed thrust on the nozzle.

      The direction of thrust in the above case is towards the small (convergent)
      end of the nozzle (typical rocket effect). Mathematically, we can state this
      as:
      a = (vf^2 - vi^2)/2L

      Where a is acceleration, vi inlet velocity, vf outlet velocity, and L is
      the length of the of the nozzle.

      However, if one reverses the flow, the resulting acceleration on the nozzle
      does not reverse, but remains in the same direction. This is a key aspect of
      a flow field gradient, which is: "The resulting reactive acceleration (thrust)
      is always directed towards the convergent (smaller area) end of a nozzle.

      Applying this directly to electric lines of force, we can clearly visualize
      the "Biefield/Brown Effect".

      If we take a capacitance device with unequal surface areas, and apply a
      voltage across it, we have a direct analog to the nozzle discussed above (see
      figure 1 below)
      ___________

      ________________________________

      Figure 1

      If the analogy holds, there should be a reactive force on the capacitor in the
      direction of the smaller plate due strictly to the convergence of the
      electrical lines of force.

      Moreover, along with the above, any dielectric within the electrical gradient
      will polarize, and Feynman's explanation (found in Volume 2, 10-8) which
      states that because each atom is of the order of 10^-8 meters, the induced
      dipole moments experience slightly different magnitudes of electrical
      intensity and thus experiences a slight attraction towards the shaping (small
      end) electrode. This will result in a flow of the dielectric medium (if a
      fluid) or directional stress (if a solid) directed towards the shaping
      electrode.

      Along with this, if the plates are uninsulated, the aforemention dielectric
      flow can also carry ions/electrons along with it. Thus if the shaping
      electrode is positively charged, electron flow is enhanced creating and ion
      wind effect.

      What is important to understand is, "if a dielectric is accelerated within the
      gradient, the reactive force will be opposite to the accelerating motion of
      the dielectic fluid, AND THEREFORE THE INITIATING GRADIENT". Stated another
      way, if fluid is moved, the thrust vector will reverse, away from the shaping
      electrode.

      Clearly, it can be seen that in a vacuum, there will still be a gradient
      produced in the induced electrical field but will be in a reverse direction to
      that induced by dielectric flow. This will create a reactive force on the
      assembly just as the flow nozzle experiences a reactive thrust in response to
      rhe velocity gradient within. Without understanding these competing aspects,
      work in on Biefield/Brown devices can be both confusing and unproductive.

      If you find this information useful and helpful please let me know.

      Paul Stowe - pstowe@...
      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Petar Bosnic
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
        Please look at:
        http://www.geocities.com/agravity/ANTIGRAVITY.htm

> [...]
        > fluid) or directional stress (if a solid) directed
        > towards the shaping
        > electrode.
        >
        > Along with this, if the plates are uninsulated, the
        > aforemention dielectric
        > flow can also carry ions/electrons along with it.
        > Thus if the shaping
        > electrode is positively charged, electron flow is
        > enhanced creating and ion
        > wind effect.
        >
        > What is important to understand is, "if a dielectric
        > is accelerated within the
        > gradient, the reactive force will be opposite to the
        > accelerating motion of
        > the dielectic fluid, AND THEREFORE THE INITIATING
        > GRADIENT". Stated another
        > way, if fluid is moved, the thrust vector will
        > reverse, away from the shaping
        > electrode.
        >
        > Clearly, it can be seen that in a vacuum, there will
        === message truncated ===

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • root
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2003
          Yes there are, but they are all inconclusive.

          On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 20:24, Vencislav wrote: From: pstowe@...
          (Paul Stowe)
          Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics.new-theories
          Date: 6 Dec 1995 14:56:53 GMT

          writes:

> [...]

          another
          way, if fluid is moved, the thrust vector will reverse, away from the
          shaping
          electrode.

          Clearly, it can be seen that in a vacuum, there will still be a gradient
          produced in the induced electrical field but will be in a reverse
          direction to
          that induced by dielectric flow. This will create a reactive force on
          the
          assembly just as the flow nozzle experiences a reactive thrust in
          response to
          rhe velocity gradient within. Without understanding these competing
          aspects,
          work in on Biefield/Brown devices can be both confusing and
          unproductive.

          If you find this information useful and helpful please let me know.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Vencislav <vencib@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
            --- In forcefieldpropulsionphysics@yahoogroups.com, Petar Bosnic
            <agravity@y...> wrote:
            > Please look at:
            > http://www.geocities.com/agravity/ANTIGRAVITY.htm

            Hello,
            There are few good groups to discuss such projects
            1) jlnlabs
            2) greenglow
            3) lifters
            on:

            Mozda bi mogli tamo naci nekoga ko bi bio zainteresovan
            da napravi tu spravu na osnovu crteza?