Re: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] Fwd: Gravitational Constant varies with ori...

  • gjones33@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 8:51 AM

      Am I correct in thinking the same experiment can also be used to predict the oncoming of a thunderstorm?

      Gareth Jones

      In a message dated 02/05/02 16:32:19 GMT Daylight Time, skywatcher22@... writes:

      Forwarded...

      **a. DEADLINE THURSDAY: GRAVITATIONAL CONSTANT - SCIENCE NEWS WEEK.
      I'm looking for comments, positive or skeptical, on this claim: An MIT
      physicist claims to have experimentally demonstrated that the force
      of gravitation between two test bodies varies with their orientation in
      space -- an admittedly amazing claim. They say Newton's constant G changes
      with the orientation by at least 0.054 percent. The paper, "Experimental
      Evidence That the Gravitational Constant Varies with Orientation," has been
      accepted in the journal, Gravitation and Cosmology, for publication in June.
      A draft of this paper may be accessed here:
      www.arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0202058. Science News Week is a wire service that
      provides esoteric and science-related content to news wires, research firms,
      corporations and media organizations. This piece will also be distributed by
      UPI.
      Mike Martin
      [+A+E::5/01:6223]

      Bill Hamilton