Re: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] News & Views: Shattering Beliefs

  • adrian
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2002
      Hi Bill,

      I don't believe by habit, only contingently, just use beliefs. What sin did
      I commit this round? I'm quite used to being told off for non-kosher
      behaviours. As far as I am concerned any 0 sum formula lies. There's no
      absolutes or fixed constants. It's sort of octopussy like, can crawl through
      any hole and clamp around any object. There's no way you can bottle them
      either. I suppose it is a shade tricky for us skeletal types to think like
      octopuses? How would one measure an octopus?

      A.

      > Adrian,
      >
      > I see you do not believe. The high priest of physics
      > and the high priest of mathematics will both have you
      > do penance. :(
      >
      > Let us take the famous equation E = mc2.
      > Is that c as measured in a vacuum? What if in air?
      > water? or crystal? Does it still hold?
      > What if the mass is so tiny that its actual quantity
      > is uncertain? Then there is imprecision and error
      > ranges...beside all that, it is approximately correct.
      >
      > Bill
      >

      > >From: "adrian" <afme@...>
      > >To: <forcefieldpropulsionphysics@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: Re: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] News & Views: Shattering
      Beliefs
      > >Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:05:55 +1300
      > >
      > >So far, "they" have cited "laws" so far taken to be true & valid. Are
      they
      > >NECESSARILY true? IF conservation applies in a local sense then it is
      > >offended in a global one; Now which one is it going to be? I for one
      don't
      > >see HOW one CAN claim that moving an object backwards in time, splits it
      > >into two, when theoretically time's arrow moves in two directions.
      Re-done
      > >as a wave it will be in two and Lord knows how many more places at a
      time.

      > >One of the things I got agin math and all that is that axiomatically,
      that
      > >is per definiendum , anything goes. One reason why one cannot be sure
      > >whether math is real or plain imaginary. Oh, it's probably consistent
      > >allright. So's insanity, one reason why it's so tricky to REASON the
      insane
      > >out of it.
      > >Adrian.

      Beliefs