Re: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] Lord Kelvin's works

  • c.h.thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1 2:47 PM
      Hi Bill

      > " ... A good demonstration is provided by creating two vortex
      > rings one right after the other going in the same direction. They
      > can trap each other, each going through the other in succession.
      > This is probably what Tait showed Thomson, and it gave
      > Thomson the idea that atoms might somehow be vortices in
      > the ether."

      These rings would presumably both be travelling in the same direction, and
      both rotating in the same sense?

      > Note that each can pass through the other in succession.
      > The old Scientific American article on proton-proton collision
      > experiments on the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron indicate that
      > antiparallel-spinning protons can pass through each other

      Why "antiparallel"? I can't imagine how this could work.

      > just like vortices, one expands and the other contracts, speeds
      > up, and goes through the expanded vortex. From this and other
      > studies I did I surmised that charge polarity is related to spin
      > and magnetic moment.

      This does not fit with anything else I've been told about charge. Isn't
      charge a scalar quantity? And wouldn't you expect an "electron" to have the
      same charge whether you looked at it from top or bottom?

      Cheers
      Caroline

      c.h.thompson@...
      http://users.aber.ac.uk/cat/
    • Bill Hamilton
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1 3:28 PM
        >From: "c.h.thompson" <c.h.thompson@...>
        >To: <forcefieldpropulsionphysics@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] Lord Kelvin's works
        >Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:47:28 -0000
        >
        >Hi Bill
        >
        > > " ... A good demonstration is provided by creating two vortex
        > > rings one right after the other going in the same direction. They
        > > can trap each other, each going through the other in succession.
        > > This is probably what Tait showed Thomson, and it gave
        > > Thomson the idea that atoms might somehow be vortices in
        > > the ether."
        >
        >These rings would presumably both be travelling in the same direction, and
        >both rotating in the same sense?
        >
        > > Note that each can pass through the other in succession.
        > > The old Scientific American article on proton-proton collision
        > > experiments on the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron indicate that
        > > antiparallel-spinning protons can pass through each other
        >
        >Why "antiparallel"? I can't imagine how this could work.

        Look at two vortices spinning in antiparrallel senses - the
        vortices mesh like gears and reduce the pressure between
        them whereas parallel spinning vortices clash and repel.

        > > just like vortices, one expands and the other contracts, speeds
        > > up, and goes through the expanded vortex. From this and other
        > > studies I did I surmised that charge polarity is related to spin
        > > and magnetic moment.
        >
        >This does not fit with anything else I've been told about charge. Isn't
        >charge a scalar quantity? And wouldn't you expect an "electron" to have
        >the
        >same charge whether you looked at it from top or bottom?

        I will have to write this up from my study notes, but my amazing
        conclusion was that charge is simply the dynamic pressure exerted
        in the ether by the fast spin of the electron vortex. We arbitrarily
        assigned it negative polarity, but there are instances in
        molecular dynamics where two electrons will not repel each other
        similar to the case of the antiparallel spinning protons.

        I am not being exact here because it has been a few years since
        I did this research and I need to find my notes. My idea
        was to study particle dynamics in order to invent an engine
        that would mimic a particle's methods of movement.

        Bill

        >Cheers
        >Caroline
        >
        >c.h.thompson@...
        >http://users.aber.ac.uk/cat/

        Bill Hamilton
        Executive Director
        Skywatch International, Inc.
        websites:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~skywatcher22
        http://home.earthlink.net/~skywatcher12
        http://home.earthlink.net/~xplorerx
        http://home.earthlink.net/~xplorerx2

      • Anthony
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1 5:34 PM
          After reading this, I came up with an idea for charge.  As Bill states in his post, charge is, perhaps, related to spin and magnetic moment, perhaps as circular acceleration is to velocity, or as magnetic force to a magnetic field, that is, the related vectors are perpendicular to each other, and thus the charge of an electron is perpendicular to spin and magnetic moment, and also to the ether, along with the 3 dimensions we perceive.  If charge were a vector perpendicular to the ether, this could explain why oppositely charged particles have vortices that spin in opposite directions.  The "forces" on the ether are in opposite directions.

          Just a thought.

          Anthony
          > > " ... A good demonstration is provided by creating two vortex
          > > rings one right after the other going in the same direction. They
          > > can trap each other, each going through the other in succession.
          > > This is probably what Tait showed Thomson, and it gave
          > > Thomson the idea that atoms might somehow be vortices in
          > > the ether."
          >
          >These rings would presumably both be travelling in the same direction, and
          >both rotating in the same sense?
          >
          > > Note that each can pass through the other in succession.
          > > The old Scientific American article on proton-proton collision
          > > experiments on the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron indicate that
          > > antiparallel-spinning protons can pass through each other
          >
          >Why "antiparallel"?  I can't imagine how this could work.

          Look at two vortices spinning in antiparrallel senses - the
          vortices mesh like gears and reduce the pressure between
          them whereas parallel spinning vortices clash and repel.

          > > just like vortices, one expands and the other contracts, speeds
          > > up, and goes through the expanded vortex.  From this and other
          > > studies I did I surmised that charge polarity is related to spin
          > > and magnetic moment.
          >
          >This does not fit with anything else I've been told about charge.  Isn't
          >charge a scalar quantity?  And wouldn't you expect an "electron" to have
          >the
          >same charge whether you looked at it from top or bottom?

          I will have to write this up from my study notes, but my amazing
          conclusion was that charge is simply the dynamic pressure exerted
          in the ether by the fast spin of the electron vortex.  We arbitrarily
          assigned it negative polarity, but there are instances in
          molecular dynamics where two electrons will not repel each other
          similar to the case of the antiparallel spinning protons.

          I am not being exact here because it has been a few years since
          I did this research and I need to find my notes.  My idea
          was to study particle dynamics in order to invent an engine
          that would mimic a particle's methods of movement.

          Bill

          >Cheers
          >Caroline
          >
          >c.h.thompson@...
          >http://users.aber.ac.uk/cat/

          Bill Hamilton
          Executive Director
          Skywatch International, Inc.
          websites:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~skywatcher22
          http://home.earthlink.net/~skywatcher12
          http://home.earthlink.net/~xplorerx
          http://home.earthlink.net/~xplorerx2

        • Robert Neil Boyd
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4 12:07 PM
            "My idea was to study particle dynamics in order to
            invent an engine that would mimic a particle's methods
            of movement."

            Good idea Bill!

            The Rodin coil mimicks the Compton Radius Vortex
            model of the electron, so it seems a likely candidate.

            Neil