Editorial notice concerning the event of the 9th of May about Flying Saucers

  • cyrano@aqua.ocn.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2001

      Important Editorial Notice

      Beginning in 1993, I started an effort that was designed to identify firsthand military and government witnesses to UFO events and projects, as well as other evidence to be used in a public disclosure.  From 1993, we spent considerable time and resources briefing the Clinton Administration, including CIA Director James Woolsey, senior military officials at the Pentagon, and select members of Congress, among others.  In April of 1997, more than a dozen such government and military witnesses were assembled in Washington DC for briefings with Congressmen, Pentagon officials and others.  There, we specifically requested open Congressional Hearings on the subject.  None were forthcoming
           In 1998, we set out to “privatize” the disclosure process by raising the funds to videotape, edit, and organize over 100 military and government witnesses to UFO events and projects.  We had estimated that between $2 million and $4 million would be needed to do this on a worldwide basis.  By August of 2000 only about 5% of this amount had been raised but we decided to proceed since further delay was deemed imprudent given the serious issues involved here.  So beginning in August we began creating the Witness Archive Project and we set about the task of traveling all over the world to interview these witnesses in broadcast quality digital video format.  Due to the severe limitation of funds, this effort was predominantly prepared by myself and a few other volunteers roughly from August 2000 through December 2000.
      Beginning in late December 2000, I began editing over 120 hours of raw digital video testimony at home using a dual-G4 Macintosh with 90 Gigabytes of storage and a digital video deck.  I should note that I am a medical doctor and not an editor.  Nevertheless, from late December 2000 until late February 2001 the 120 hours  were reduced first to 33 hours of select testimony and then 18 hours of super-select testimony.  The 33 hours of select testimony were dubbed to audiotape and transcribed resulting in approximately 1200 pages of testimony transcript.  In March and early April, 2001 I edited these transcripts into a readable form, which appear herein.
      I must emphasize that this has been done under the most severe time and funding constraints, working 7 days a week and mostly 18 hours a day.  And I thought the Emergency Department was tough!
      I share this only so the reader will understand that these transcripts and other materials are very likely to contain errors. These include likely errors in proper names arising from the phonetic spelling of such names directly from transcribed audio tapes of testimony.  I apologize in advance for these.
      The transcripts (that appear in the Briefing Document) have only been altered to correct for a) length and b) grammar and readability.  I have assiduously avoided changing the meaning of testimony at all times.  Statements in brackets [  ] are for clarification.  Statements in italics and brackets [  ] reflect commentary on my part and are followed by my initials, SG.
      These materials are, as you can now discern, only the tip of the iceberg of what we have recorded on digital videotape.  That is, from over 120 hours of testimony by over 100 witnesses we transcribed only 33 hours and then further edited materials down to a fraction of that amount.  Moreover, the full archive represents the testimony of only 100 witnesses of the more than 400 identified to date.  The edited testimony will be appearing in book form.  A portion of it appears in The Disclosure Project Briefing Document and only small excerpts and summary bios of testimony appear in this Executive summary.  We hope in the future to secure funding for a 5-6 part broadcast quality video documentary series to be made from the videotaped testimony we have as the impact of hearing and seeing these witnesses speak is very moving.
      As you read this testimony remember that it is indeed only the beginning.  The rest is up to you: Call and demand that Congress and the President and the leaders of other countries hold hearings into this subject without delay.  These witnesses welcome a subpoena so that they may officially testify under oath to what they have experienced and said here.  Indeed, the most revealing testimony waits to be seen since the deepest sources are refusing to come forward until protected through official Congressional hearings.
      This then brings me to my last point: The witnesses who have given testimony to date are extraordinarily brave men and women-heroes in my eyes-who have taken great personal risks in coming forward.  Some have been threatened and intimidated.  All are risking the ever-present ridicule that attends this subject.  Not a single one of them has been paid for his or her testimony: It has been given freely and without reservation for the good of humanity.  I wish to personally thank them here and extend to them my personal, highest respect and gratitude.
      Please, I implore you not to let this effort and their sacrifice be in vain.  Help us place this matter in front of the public, the media, and our elected representatives so that the full truth may be disclosed, so that those earth-saving technologies now classified may be released, and so humanity may enter a new chapter in its evolution as one of many people in the cosmos.

      This summary is focusing on the testimony of important first-hand witnesses.  We have thousands of government documents, hundreds of photographs, trace landing cases and more, but it is impossible to include them in a summary of this length.  These materials will be made available for any serious scientific or Congressional inquiry.

      Steven M. Greer, M.D.

      Disclosure: Implications for the Environment, World Peace, World Poverty and the Human Future

      A Brief Summary

      Copyright Steven M. Greer, M.D. - March 2001

       For most people, the question of whether or not we are alone in the universe is a mere philosophical musing-something of academic interest but of no practical importance. Even evidence that we are currently being visited by non-human advanced life forms seems to many to be an irrelevancy in a world of global warming, crushing poverty and the threat of war.  In the face of real challenges to the long-term human future, the question of UFOs, extraterrestrials and secret government projects is a mere sideshow, right? Wrong-catastrophically wrong.
      The evidence and testimony presented in the following pages establishes the following:
      ?
      That we are indeed being visited by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations and have been for some time;
      ?
      That this is the most classified, compartmented program within the US and many other countries;
      ?
      That those projects have, as warned in 1961 by President Eisenhower, escaped legal oversight and control in the US, the UK and elsewhere;
      ?
      That advanced spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin, called extraterrestrial vehicles (ETVs) by some intelligence agencies, have been downed, retrieved and studied since at least the 1940s and possibly as early as the 1930s;
      ?
      That significant technological breakthroughs in energy generation and propulsion have resulted from the study of these objects (and from related human innovations dating as far back as the time of Nicola Tesla) and that these technologies utilize a new physics not requiring the burning of fossil fuels or ionizing radiating to generate vast amounts of energy;
      ?
      That classified, above top-secret projects possess fully operational anti-gravity propulsion devices and new energy generation systems that, if declassified and put to peaceful uses, would empower a new human civilization without want, poverty or environmental damage.

      Those who doubt these assertions should carefully read the testimony of dozens of military and government witnesses whose testimony clearly establishes these facts. Given the vast and profound implications of these statements, whether one accepts or seriously doubts these assertions, all must demand that Congressional hearings be convened to get to the truth of this matter.  For nothing less that the human future hangs in the balance.

      Implications for the Environment:

      We have identified insiders and scientists who can prove, in open Congressional hearings, that we do in fact possess classified energy generation and anti-gravity propulsion systems capable of completely and permanently replacing all forms of currently used energy generation and transportation systems.  These devices access the ambient electromagnetic and so-called zero point energy state to produce vast amounts of energy without any pollution.  Such systems essentially generate energy by tapping into the ever-present quantum vacuum energy state-the baseline energy from which all energy and matter is fluxing.  All matter and energy is supported by this baseline energy state and it can be tapped through unique electromagnetic circuits and configurations to generate huge amounts of energy from space/time all around us.  These are NOT perpetual motion machines nor do they violate the laws of thermodynamics-they merely tap an ambient energy field all around us to generate energy.
      This means that such systems do not require fuel to burn or atoms to split or fuse. They do no require central power plants, transmission lines and the related multi-trillion dollar infrastructure required to electrify and power remote areas of India, China, Africa and Latin America.  These systems are site-specific: they can be set up at any place and generate needed energy. Essentially, this constitutes the definitive solution to the vast majority of environmental problems facing our world.
      The environmental benefits of such a discovery can hardly be overstated, but a brief list include:
      ?
      The elimination of oil, coal and gas as sources of energy generation, thus the elimination of air and water pollution related to the transport and use of these fuels. Oil spills, global warming, illnesses from air pollution, acid rain etc can and must be ended within 10-20 years;
      ?
      Resource depletion and geo-political tensions arising from competition for fossil fuel resources will end;
      ?
      Technologies already exist to scrub manufacturing effluent to zero or near zero emissions for both air and water-but they use a great deal of energy and thus are considered too costly to fully utilize. Moreover, since they are energy intensive, and our energy systems today create most of the air pollution in the world, a point of diminishing return for the environment is reached quickly. That equation is dramatically changed when industries are able to tap vast amounts of free energy (there is no fuel to pay for-only the device, which is no more costly than other generators) and those systems create no pollution.
      ?
      Energy-intensive recycling efforts will be able to reach full application since the energy needed to process solid waste will, again, be free and abundant.
      ?
      Agriculture, which is currently very energy dependent and polluting, can be transformed to use clean, non-polluting sources of energy.
      ?
      Desertification can be reversed and world agriculture empowered by utilizing desalinization plants, which are now very energy intensive and expensive, but will become cost-efficient once able to use these new, non-polluting energy systems.
      ?
      Air travel, trucking and inter-city transportation systems will be replaced with new energy and propulsion technologies (anti-gravity systems allow for silent above surface movement). No pollution will be generated and costs will decrease substantially since the energy expenses will be negligible. Additionally, mass transportation in urban areas can utilize these systems to provide silent, efficient intra-city movement.
      ?
      Noise pollution from jets, trucks and other modes of transportation will be eliminated by the use of these silent devices.
      ?
      Public utilities will not be needed since each home, office and factory will have a device to generate whatever energy is needed. This means ugly transmission lines that are subject to storm damage and power interruption will be a thing of the past. Underground gas pipelines, which not infrequently rupture or leak and damage earth and water resources, will not be needed at all.
      ?
      Nuclear power plants will be decommissioned and the technologies needed to clean such sites will be available.  Classified technologies do exist to neutralize nuclear waste.

      Utopia? No, because human society will always be imperfect-but perhaps not as dysfunctional as it is today.  These technologies are real-I  have seen them. Anti-gravity is a reality and so is free energy generation. This is not a fantasy or a hoax. Do not believe those who say that this is not possible: they are the intellectual descendants of those who said the Wright brothers would never fly.
       Current human civilization has reached the point of being able to commit planeticide: the killing of an entire world. We can and we must do better.  These technologies exist and every single person who is concerned about the environment and the human future should call for urgent hearings to allow these technologies to be disclosed, declassified and safely applied.

      Implications for Society and World Poverty:

      From the above, it is obvious that these technologies that are currently classified would enable human civilization to achieve sustainability.  Of course, in the near term, we are talking about the greatest social, economic and technological revolution in human history-bar none.  I will not minimize the world-encompassing changes that would inevitably attend such disclosures.  Having dealt with this issue for much of my adult life, I am acutely aware of how immense these changes will be.
      Aside from the singular realization that homo sapiens are not the only-or most advanced-creatures in the universe, this disclosure will cause humanity to be faced with the greatest risks and opportunities in known history.  If we do nothing, our civilization will collapse environmentally, economically, geo-politically and socially. In 10 - 20 years, fossil fuel and oil demand will outstrip supply significantly-and then it is the Mad Max scenario where everyone is warring over the last barrel of oil.  It is likely that this geo-political and social collapse will precede any environmental catastrophe.
      The disclosure of these new technologies will give us a new, sustainable civilization.  World poverty will be eliminated within our life times. With the advent of these new energy and propulsion systems, no place on earth will need to suffer from want. Even the deserts will bloom…
      Once abundant and nearly free energy is available in impoverished areas for agriculture, transportation, construction, manufacturing and electrification, there is no limit to what humanity can achieve.  It is ridiculous-obscene even-that mind-boggling poverty and famine exists in the world while we sit on classified technologies that could completely reverse this situation.   So why not release these technologies? Because the social, economic and geo-political order of the world would be greatly altered.  Every deep insider with whom I have met has emphasized that this would be the greatest change in known human history. The matter is so highly classified not because it is so silly, but because its implications are so profound and far reaching.  By nature, those who control such projects do not like change. And here we are talking about the biggest economic, technological, social and geo-political change in known human history. Hence, the status quo is maintained, even as our civilization hurtles towards oblivion.
      But by this argument, we would have never had the industrial revolution and the Ludites would have reigned supreme to this day.
      An international effort to minimize disruption to the economy and to ease the transition to this new social and economic reality will be needed. We can do this and we must. Special interests in certain oil, energy and economic sectors need to be reigned in and at the same time treated compassionately: Nobody likes to see their power and empire crumble. Nations very dependent on the sale of oil and gas will need help diversifying, stabilizing and transitioning to a new economic order.
      The United States, Europe and Japan will need to adjust to a new geo-political reality as well: As currently poor but populous countries dramatically develop technologically and economically, they will demand-and will get-a  meaningful seat at the international table. And this is as it should be.  But the international community will need to put in place safeguards to prevent such potential geo-political rapprochement between the first and third world from devolving into bellicose and disruptive behavior on the part of the newly empowered.
      The US in particular will need to lead through strength-but avoid the current trend towards domination.  Leadership and domination are not the same, and the sooner we learn the difference the better off the world will be. There can be international leadership without domination and hegemony, and the US needs to realize these distinctions if it is to provide much-needed leadership on this issue.
      These technologies, because they will decentralize power-literally and figuratively-will enable the billions living in misery and poverty to enter a world of new abundance. And with economic and technological development, education will rise and birth rates will fall.  It is well known that as societies become more educated, prosperous and technologically advanced-and women take an increasingly equal role in society-the birth rate falls and population stabilizes.  This is a good thing for world civilization and the future of humanity.
      With each village cleanly electrified, agriculture empowered with clean and free energy and transportation costs lowered, poverty will dramatically fall in the world. If we act now, by 2030 we will be able to effectively eliminate all poverty in the world, as we know it today.  We only need the courage to accept these changes and the wisdom to steer humanity safely and peacefully into a new time.

      Implications for World Peace and Security

      A few years ago I was discussing this subject with the former Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Claiborne Pell.  He explained to me that he had been in Congress since the 1950s but had never been briefed on this subject.  I told him that the nature of these black projects has resulted in most of our leaders being left out of any decision making on this subject, and what a shame this is. I said, “Senator Pell, all that time you were Chairman of Foreign Relations, you were deprived of the opportunity to deal with the ultimate foreign relations challenge…” and   I pointed to the stars above our heads. He said, “ You know Dr. Greer, I am afraid that you are right…”
      It is true that our great diplomats and wise elders, such as Senator Pell, President Jimmy Carter and other international leaders have been specifically and deliberately prevented from having access to or control over this subject.  This is a direct threat to world peace. In the vacuum of secrecy, operations supervised by neither the people, the people’s representatives, the UN nor any other legitimate entity have taken actions that directly threaten world peace.
      Testimony, corroborated by multiple military witnesses who do not know each other and who have had no opportunity for collusion, will show that the US and other countries have engaged these ETVs in armed attack, in some cases leading to the downing of these vehicles.  As I said to Mrs. Boutros Ghali , wife of the  then Secretary General of the UN, if there is even a 10% chance that this is true, then this constitutes the gravest threat to world peace in human history
      Having personally interviewed numerous credible military and aerospace officials with direct knowledge of such actions, I am certain that we have done this. Why? Because these unknown vehicles have been in our airspace without our permission and because we wanted to acquire their technology.  Nobody has asserted that there is an actual threat to humanity from these objects: Obviously, any civilization capable of routine interstellar travel could terminate our civilization in a nanosecond, if that was their intent.  That we are still breathing the free air of Earth is abundant testimony to the non-hostile nature of these ET civilizations.
      We have also been informed that the so-called Star Wars (or National Missile Defense System) effort has really been a cover for black project deployment of weapon systems to track, target and destroy ETVs as they approach earth or enter Earth’s atmosphere.  No less a figure than Werner Von Braun warned on his death-bed of both the reality and the madness of such a scheme, apparently to no avail (see the Testimony of BB, former spokesperson for Werner Von Braun).
      Well, unless we change directions we are likely to end up where we are going.
      With the types of weapons currently in the covert arsenal-weapons more fearsome even than thermonuclear devices-there is no possibility of a survivable conflict.  Yet in the darkness of secrecy, actions have been taken on behalf of every human that may endanger our future.  Only a full, honest disclosure will correct this situation.  It is not possible for me to convey in words the urgency of this.
      For 10 years I worked as an emergency doctor and saw how every possible object can be used as a weapon. Every technology, unless guided by wisdom and a desire for that good and peaceful future - the only future possible-will be used for conflict. Super-secret projects that answer to no legally constituted body- not the UN, not the US Congress, not the British Parliament-must not be allowed to continue to act in this way on behalf of humanity.
      One of the greatest dangers of extreme secrecy is that it creates a hermetically sealed, closed system impervious to the free and open exchange of ideas.  In such an environment, it is easy to see how grave mistakes can be made.  For instance, the testimony here will show that these ETVs  became very prominent after we developed the first nuclear weapons-and began to go into space.  There were multiple events-corroborated here by numerous credible military officials-of these objects hovering over and even neutralizing ICBMs (Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles).
      A closed, military view of this might be to take offense, engage in counter-measures and attempt to down such objects. In fact, this would be the normal response. But what if these ET civilizations were saying, “Please do not destroy your beautiful world-and know this: we will not let you go into space with such madness and threaten others…” An event showing concern and even a larger cosmic wisdom could be construed over and over again as an act of aggression.  Such misunderstandings and myopia are the stuff wars are made of.

      Whatever our perceptions of these visitors, there is no chance that misunderstandings can be resolved through violent engagement. To contemplate such madness is to contemplate the termination of human civilization.
      It is time for our wise elders and our levelheaded diplomats, like Sen. Pell, to be put in charge of these weighty matters. To leave this in the hands of a clique of un-elected, self-appointed and unaccountable covert operations is the greatest threat to US national security and world security in history.  Eisenhower was right, but nobody was listening.
      In light of testimony showing that covert actions have been taken that involved violent engagement of these visitors, it is imperative that the international community in general and the US Congress and President in particular do the following:
      ?
      Convene hearings to assess the risks to national and international security posed by the current covert management of the subject;
      ?
      Enforce an immediate ban on weapons in space and specifically ban the targeting of any extraterrestrial objects since such actions are unwarranted and could endanger the whole of humanity;
      ?
      Develop a special diplomatic unit to interface with these extraterrestrial civilizations, foster communication and peaceful relations;
      ?
      Develop a suitably empowered and open international oversight group to manage human-extraterrestrial relations and ensure peaceful and mutually beneficial interactions;
      ?
      Support international institutions that can ensure the peaceful use of those new technologies related to advanced energy and propulsion systems (see below).

      In addition to the above, a less obvious-put  perhaps equally pressing-threat to world peace arises from the fact that the covert control of this subject has resulted in the world being deprived of the new energy and propulsion technologies discussed earlier.
      World poverty and a widening gap between rich and poor are serious threats to world peace that would be corrected by the disclosure and peaceful application of these technologies (see above).  The real threat of war over a shrinking supply of fossil fuels in the next 10-20 years further underscores the need for this disclosure. What happens when the 4 billion people living in poverty want cars, electricity and other modern conveniences-all of which depend on fossil fuels? To any thinking person, it is obvious that we must transition quickly to the use of these now classified technologies-they are powerful solutions already sitting on a shelf.
      Of course, a number of insiders have pointed out that these technologies are not your grandfather’s Oldsmobile: They are technological advances, like any other, that could be put to violent uses by terrorists, bellicose nations and madmen. But here we enter a catch 22: If these technologies are not forthcoming soon, we will face a certain meltdown in human civilization and the environment; if they are disclosed, immensely powerful new technologies will be out there for possible destructive uses.
      In the near future, it is prudent to view humanity as likely to use any new technology violently.  This means that international agencies must be created to ensure-and enforce-the exclusive peaceful use of such devices.  The technologies exist today to link every such device to a GPS (Global Positioning System) monitor that could disable or render useless any device tampered with or used for anything put peaceful power generation and propulsion. These technologies should be regulated and monitored. And the international community must mature to a level of competence to ensure their exclusive peaceful use.
      Any other use should be met with overwhelming resistance by every other nation on earth.
      Such a pact is the necessary next step. Maybe someday, humanity will live in peace without the need for such controls. But for now, the situation is like that of chained dogs-some strong leashes are warranted and are essential.
      But such concerns cannot be a rationale for further delaying the disclosure of these technologies. We have the knowledge and means to ensure their safe and peaceful use-and these must be applied soon if we are to avoid further degradation of the environment and an escalation of world poverty and conflict.
      In the final analysis, then, we are faced with a social and spiritual crisis that transcends any technological or scientific challenge. The technological solutions exit-but do we possess the will, wisdom and courage to apply them for the common good?  The more one contemplates this matter the more it is obvious that we have one possible future: Peace. Peace on earth and peace in space-a universal Peace, wisely enforced; for every other path leads to ruin
      This then is the greatest challenge of the current era. Can our spiritual and social resources rise to this challenge?  Nothing less than the destiny of the human race hangs in the balance.

      Understanding UFO Secrecy

      Introduction
      Over the past few years I have had the responsibility of briefing senior government and scientific leaders both in the US and abroad on the UFO/Extraterrestrial subject.
      The evidence regarding this subject is clear and overwhelming: It has not been difficult to make a compelling case for the reality of UFOs per se. What is a greater challenge is elucidating the architecture of secrecy related to UFOs (see the exposition of this matter contained in the paper entitled “Unacknowledged” by this author). But the greatest challenge is explaining the “why.” Why all the secrecy? Why a “black” or unacknowledged government within the government? Why hide the UFO/ET subject from public view?
           The “what” or evidence is complex but manageable. The “how” or nature of the secret programs is more difficult, much more complex and Byzantine. But the “why”-the reason behind the secrecy-is the most challenging problem of all. There is not a single answer to this question, but rather numerous inter-related reasons for such extraordinary secrecy. Our investigations and interviews with dozens of top-secret witnesses who have been within such programs have enabled us to understand the reasons behind this secrecy. They range from the fairly obvious and straightforward to the really bizarre. Here, I wish to share some key points regarding this secrecy, why it has been imposed and why it is so difficult for the controlling interests within covert programs to reverse policy and allow disclosure.

      In The Beginning
           In the early days of the ET/UFO phenomena, military, intelligence and industrial interests had concerns regarding the nature of the phenomena, whether it originated from our human adversaries and once it was determined to be extraterrestrial, how the public would react.
           In the 1930s and 1940s this was no small matter: If these UFOs were of terrestrial origin, they would be evidence of an earthly adversary with technological devices far in advance of US aircraft. And once it was determined to be extraterrestrial (some quarters knew this prior to the end of WWII) there were many more questions than answers. To wit: why were the ETs here? What are their intentions? How do the devices travel at such fantastic speeds and through the vastness of space? How might these technologies be applied to the human situation-both in war and in peace? How would the public react to this knowledge? What effect would the disclosure of these facts have on human belief systems? Political and social systems?

           From the late 1940s through the early 1950s, a concerted effort was made to figure out the basic science and technologies behind these spacecraft, primarily through the direct study and reverse-engineering of the retrieved extraterrestrial objects from New Mexico and elsewhere. It was immediately recognized that these objects were using laws of physics and applied technologies far in advance of internal combustion engines, vacuum tubes and the like. In the climate of the Cold War and in a world where a relatively minor advantage technologically could tilt the balance of power in the nuclear arms race, this was no small matter.
           Indeed, the theme of human geo-political dysfunction appears as a recurring feature of the secrecy related to UFOs-up to the present hour. More on this later.
           From the Wilbursmith top secret Canadian government document of 1950, we know that this subject was held in greater secrecy than even the development of the hydrogen bomb There was a tremendous effort underway by the late 1940s to study extraterrestrial hardware, figure out how it operated and see what human applications might be made from such discoveries.  Even then, the project dealing with this subject was extraordinarily covert.
           It became much more so by the early 1950s when substantial progress was made on some of the basic physics behind the ET craft energy and propulsion systems. The best we can estimate, it was then that the entire project became increasingly “black” or unacknowledged.
           The compartmentalization of the project dealing with UFOs was exponentially increased by the early 1950s when it was realized what it was that these covert projects actually had: Devices displaying physics and energy systems which-if disclosed-would forever alter life on earth.
      By the Eisenhower era, the UFO/ET projects were increasingly compartmented away from legal, constitutional chain-of-command oversight and control. This means that-while we know from witness testimony that Eisenhower knew of the ET craft-the president (and similar leaders in the UK and elsewhere) were increasingly left out of the loop. Such senior elected and appointed leaders were confronted with (as Eisenhower called it) a sophisticated military-industrial complex with labyrinthine compartmented projects which were more and more out of their control and oversight. From direct witness testimony we know that Eisenhower, Kennedy, Carter and Clinton were frustrated in their attempts to penetrate such projects.
      This is also true of senior congressional leaders and investigators, foreign leaders and UN leadership.  This is indeed an equal opportunity exclusion project-it does not matter how high your rank or office, if you are not deemed necessary to the project, you are not going to know about it. Period.
      Contrary to popular myth, since the 1960s concern over some type of public panic when faced with the fact that we are not alone in the universe has not been a major reason for the secrecy. Those in the know-notwithstanding the fantastic tales spun in UFO circles and on the X-Files-understand that fear of hostile ETs has also not been a significant factor. While there has been continued confusion in some covert circles over the ultimate purpose behind the ET phenomena, we know of no knowledgeable insiders who regard the ETs as a hostile threat.

       By the 1960s-and certainly by the 1990s-the world was very familiar with the concept of space travel and the popular science-fiction industry had thoroughly indoctrinated the masses with the idea of ETs from far away being a possibility.  So why the continued secrecy?
      The Cold War is over. People would hardly be shocked to find out that we are not alone in the universe (the majority of people already believe this-in fact most people believe the UFOs are real).  Besides, what could be more shocking than to live through the latter half of the 20th century with thousands of hydrogen bombs aimed at every major city in the world? If we can handle that, surely we can handle the idea that ETs are real.
      The facile explanations of fear, panic, shock and the like do not suffice to justify a level of secrecy so deep that even the President and his CIA Director could be denied access to the information.

      A Current Estimate
      Continued secrecy on the UFO subject must be related, then, to on-going anxiety related to the essential power dynamics of the world and how such a disclosure would impact these.
      That is, the knowledge related to UFOs/ET phenomena must have such great potential for changing the status quo that its continued suppression is deemed essential, at all costs.
      Going back to the early 1950s, we have found that the basic technology and physics behind these ET spacecraft were discovered through very intensive reverse-engineering projects. It was precisely at this point that the decision was made to increase the secrecy to an unprecedented level-one which essentially took the matter out of ordinary government chain of command control as we know it. Why?
      Aside from the possible use of such knowledge by US/UK adversaries during the Cold War, it was immediately recognized that these devices were not your dad’s Oldsmobile. The basic physics behind the energy generation and propulsion systems were such that they could easily replace all existing energy generation and propulsion systems on the earth. And with them, the entire geo-political and economic order.
      In the 1950s, there was no great concern over global warming, eco-system collapse, ozone depletion, rain forest loss, bio-diversity degradation, etc. In the wake of WW II, what was needed was stability, not a new convulsion of the world economic, technological and geo-political order. Remember: those in control like to stay in control. They are risk-averse, do not like significant change and do not give up control and power easily.
      The disclosure of the existence of ETs, with the inevitable disclosure related to these new technologies soon to follow, would change the world forever-and they knew it. This was to be avoided at all costs. Besides, that was the era of  “what is good for GM is good for America,” and the same would be true of big oil, big coal and the like.
      The inescapable fact is this: The disclosure of the ET presence would bring with it the certain release of these technologies-and that release would sweep away the entire technological infrastructure of the planet. The changes would be immense-and sudden.
      Fifty years later this is more true now than then. Why? Because avoiding the problem in the 1950s-while convenient at the time-means that the situation is more tenuous now. For example, world dependence on oil and internal combustion technology is greater now than in 1955. And the world economy is larger by orders of magnitude now, so any change would be exponentially greater-and potentially more chaotic.
      And so this is the conundrum: Each decade and generation has passed this problem on to the next, only to find any path but continued secrecy more destabilizing than it would have been a decade earlier. In a maddening circle of secrecy, delay of disclosure and increasing world complexity and dependence on out-dated energy systems, each generation has found itself in a greater squeeze than the one before. As difficult as disclosure would have been in the 1950s, disclosure now is even more difficult. And potentially earth shaking in its consequences.
      The technological discoveries of the 1950s resulting from the reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial craft could have enabled us to completely transform the world economic, social, technological and environmental situation. That such advancements have been withheld from the public is related to the change-averse nature of the controlling hierarchy at the time-and to this day.
      And make no mistake; the changes would be immense.
      Consider: A technology which enables energy generation from the so-called zero point field and which enables every home, business, factory and vehicle to have its own source of power-without an external fuel source. Ever. No need for oil, gas, coal, nuclear plants or the internal combustion engine. And no pollution. Period.
      Consider: A technology using electro-gravitic devices which allows for above surface transportation-no more roadways to cover fertile farmland since transportation could take place totally above the surface.
      Sounds great. But in the 1950s, oil was plentiful, nobody worried too much about pollution, global warming was not the faintest concern and the powers that be just wanted stability. The status quo. And besides, why risk the tectonic changes related to such a disclosure? Let a later generation take care of it.
      But now, we are that later generation. And 2001 is not 1949. The earth is straining under the burden of a growing population-now 6 billion people-all of whom want cars, electricity, TV s and the like. Everyone knows that we do not have 50 more years of oil-and even if we did, the earth’s ecosystem could not withstand 50 more years of such abuse. The risks of disclosure are now much less than the risks of secrecy: If secrecy continues much longer, the earth’s ecosystem will collapse. Talk about a big change and global instability...
      Many people will consider the technological and economic impact of such a disclosure as the central justification of continued secrecy. After all, we are talking about a multi-trillion dollar per year change in the economy. The entire energy and transportation sectors of the economy would be revolutionized. And the energy sector-the part where non-renewable fuels are purchased and burned and have to be replenished - will utterly vanish. And while other industries will flourish, only a fool would dismiss the impact of such a multi-trillion dollar segment of the economy disappearing.
      Certainly the “vested interests” involved in the global industrial infrastructure related to oil, gas, coal and internal combustion engines and public utilities is no small force in the world.
      But to understand UFO secrecy you must consider what all that money represents at its core. Power. Massive geo-political power.

      One must consider what will happen when every village in India (or Africa or South America or China) has devices that can generate large amounts of power without pollution and without spending huge sums of energy on fuel. The entire world will be able to develop in an unprecedented fashion-without pollution and without billions spent on power plants, transmission lines and combustible fuels.  The have-nots will have.
      This would widely be considered a good thing: after all, much of world instability, warfare and the like is related to mind-numbing poverty and economic depravity in a world of great wealth. Social injustice and extreme economic disparity breeds much chaos and suffering in the world. These decentralized, non-polluting technologies would change that permanently. Even the deserts will bloom...
      But it must be remembered that geo-political power flows from technological and economic prowess. India has over 1 billion people and the US about one-fourth of that, but who has the greater geo-political power?
      As these new energy systems proliferate, the so-called third world will rapidly reach parity with the industrialized world of Europe, the US and Japan. This will cause a massive shift in geo-political power. And the industrialized world will find that it must then actually share power with the now downtrodden third world.
      Those in the cat-bird seat currently (and in 1950) have no interest in doing any such thing. We can hardly even support and share power in the United Nations.
      The release of information on the UFO/ET subject will lead to the global proliferation of new energy systems which will rapidly result in an equalization of power in the world. The US and Europe have around 600 million people. That is only 10% of the world’s population. Once the other 90% rise in technological and economic standing, it is clear to see that the geo-political power will shift-or equalize-to the rest of the world.  Power will have to be shared. Real global collective security will be inevitable.  It is the end of the world, as we know it.
      When you combine the economic and technological impact with the geo-political impact, it becomes obvious that the changes related to ending secrecy are truly tectonic-massive, world-encircling and transformative.  It is not to be regarded lightly.
      But 50 years after the world could have had these new technologies-and 50 long years of ecological degradation, social and economic chaos and disparity-we find that we are the last generation in the long line of passing the cosmic hot potato known as the UFO secrecy problem.
      And here we stand, holding this hot potato, but what shall we do about it?
      To end the secrecy means vast and profound changes in virtually every aspect of human existence-economic, social, technological, philosophical, geo-political and so forth. But to continue the secrecy and the suppression of these new energy and propulsion technologies means something far more destabilizing: the collapse of the earth’s ecosystem and the certain depletion of the fossil fuels on which we depend. And the growing anger of the have-nots, who are needlessly being deprived of a full and dignified life. There are no more generations to which we can pass this cosmic hot potato: we must deal with it and do what should have been done in 1950.

      The Webs We Weave
      As if the foregoing was not enough to justify secrecy, recall that extraordinary things have been done to maintain this secrecy. The infrastructure needed to maintain and expand the level of secrecy which can deceive presidents and CIA Directors and senior congressional leaders and European Prime Ministers and the like is substantial-and illegal. Let me be clear, the entity which controls the UFO matter and its related technologies has more power than any single government in the world or any single identified world leader.
      That such a situation could arise was forewarned by President Eisenhower when, in January 1961, he cautioned us regarding the growing “military-industrial complex.”  This was his last speech to the world as president-and he was warning us directly of a frightening situation about which he had personal knowledge. For Eisenhower had seen the ET craft and deceased ET bodies. He knew of the covert programs dealing with the situation. But he also knew that he had lost control of these projects and that they were lying to him about the extent and full nature of their research and development activities.
      Indeed, the current state-of-the-art in secrecy is a hybrid, quasi-government, quasi privatized operation which is international-and functions outside of the purview of any single agency or any single government. “The Government”-as you and I and Thomas Jefferson may think of it-is really quite outside the loop. Rather, a select, tightly controlled and compartmentalized ‘black’ or unacknowledged project controls these matters.  Access is by inclusion alone and if you are not included, it does not matter if you are CIA Director, President, Chairman of Senate Foreign Relations or UN Secretary General, you simply will not know about or have access to these projects.
      Indeed the situation is so dire that senior Joint Chiefs of Staff leaders in the Pentagon who I have briefed have no more access to such projects than any other civilian-unless they are on the “inside” for some reason. But this is rare.
      To acquire and maintain such power all types of things have been done. We are reminded of that Robert Frost poem in which he describes “the webs we weave...” But how does such an entity extract itself from such a web of secrecy, deceit, lies and insubordination?
      To be specific, this group has usurped power and rights not legally granted to it. It is extra-constitutional, both in the US and in the UK and other countries around the world.
      I will grant the possibility that, at least initially, this covert undertaking was designed to maintain secrecy and avoid instability. But the risks of inadvertent leaks - or a national or world leader deciding legally that it was time for disclosure-made it essential to weave a web of greater and greater secrecy and of illegal operations. And now the web has closed in on the operation itself.
      That is, the complexity of the compartmentalized projects, the degree of unconstitutional and unauthorized activity, the “privatization” (or theft) by corporate partners (the “industrial” part of the military-industrial complex) of advanced technologies, the continued lying to legally elected and appointed leaders and to the public-all of these and more have contributed to a psychology of continued secrecy-because disclosure would expose the greatest scandal in recorded history.
      For example, how would the public react to the fact that the degradation of the entire earth’s ecosystem and the irretrievable loss of thousands of species of plants and animals now extinct due to pollution, has been utterly unnecessary-and could have been avoided if only an honest release of this information had occurred in the 1950s?

      How would society react to the knowledge that trillions of dollars have been spent on unauthorized, unconstitutional projects over the years? And that these tax-payer dollars have been used by corporate partners in this secrecy to develop spin - off technologies based on the study of ET objects which were later patented and used in highly profitable technologies? Not only have the taxpayers been defrauded, they have then been made to pay a premium for such breakthroughs which were the result of research paid for by them! And this does not address the intellectual property theft of such technologies from the ETs. While the basic energy generation and propulsion technologies have been withheld, these corporate partners have profited wildly from other breakthroughs and benefits in electronics, miniaturization and related areas. Such covert technology transfers constitutes a multi-trillion dollar theft of technologies which really should be public domain since taxpayers have paid for it.
      And how would the public react to the fact that the multi-billion dollar space program, using internal combustion rockets and the like, has been a primitive and unnecessary experiment since much more advanced technologies and propulsion systems were in existence before we ever went to the moon? NASA and related agencies have, for the most part, been as much a victim of this secrecy as has the rest of the government and the public. Only a small, very compartmentalized fraction of NASA people know of the real ET technologies hidden away in these projects. Certainly my uncle, who helped design the lunar module which took Neil Armstrong to the moon, was as much a victim an anyone insofar as he was denied access to these technological breakthroughs. He had to rely on the old physics and the old internal combustion jet thruster technologies just like everyone else. What a shame.
      The inescapable reality is this: This secret project, no matter how well intentioned initially, got carried away with its own secret power. It abused this power. It has hijacked our future for fifty years.
      In fact, the quiet coup d’etat of the late 1940s and early 1950s, once exposed, could result in real instability today.
      But the situation is actually much worse than this. All that is written above is dwarfed by a larger problem: The covert group running these UFO related black projects have also had exclusive sway over the early days of an embryonic extraterrestrial-human relationship.  And it was been tragically mismanaged-nearly to the point of genuine global catastrophe.
          For what happens when an unelected, unappointed, self-selecting, militarily oriented group alone has to deal with inter-species relations between humans and ETs? Well, as in most areas, if you wear rose-colored glasses the entire world looks red. And if you are wearing military glasses, every new and uncontrolled development will be seen as a potential or real military threat.
      The nature of such a group-which is inordinately controlled and incestuous-is that it is homogenous in world-view and mind-set. Power and control are preeminent qualities. Such extreme secrecy creates a very dangerous milieu in which checks and balances, give and take, are utterly lacking. And in such an environment, very dangerous decisions can be made with inadequate feedback, discussion or insight from needed perspectives which are, per force, excluded.

       In such an environment of extreme secrecy, militarism and paranoia, we have found that immensely dangerous actions have been taken against the ETs. Indeed, we have multiple inside sources who have described to us the use of increasingly advanced technologies to track, target and destroy extraterrestrial assets.  If there is even a 10% chance that this is true (I am convinced it is 100% accurate) we are dealing with a global diplomatic and social crisis which is utterly out of our control but which puts the entire planet at risk.
      Remember, covert reverse-engineering projects have resulted in huge quantum leaps forward in technologies that, once applied to military systems, could be a real threat to ETs, which may be here peacefully.  The attempts to rapidly militarize space are likely a result of a myopic, militaristic and paranoid view of extraterrestrial projects and intentions. If left unchecked, it can only result in catastrophe.
      Indeed this group, no matter how well-intentioned, is in urgent need of exposure so that global statesmen with a new perspective can intercede in this situation. While we see no evidence that the ET civilizations are at all hostile, it is also clear that it is unlikely that they will allow unfettered and growing interference with their operations. Self-defense is likely a universal quality. And while tremendous restraint has been shown by the ETs thus far, might there be a “cosmic trip wire” if human covert technologies begin to reach parity and we are using such advanced technologies in a bellicose fashion? The prospect is sobering.
      We need our Jimmy Carters and Dalai Lammas and other international statesmen involved with so vast a problem. But if access is denied -and the subject remains undisclosed and off the global radar screen-we are left with the unelected few to decide our fate and act on our behalf. This must change, and soon.
      In the final analysis, while the changes attendant such a disclosure related to UFOs and ETs would be massive and profoundly impact virtually every aspect of life on earth, it is still the right thing to do. Secrecy has taken on a life of its own-it is a growing cancer which needs to be cured before it destroys the life of earth and all who dwell on her.
      The reasons for secrecy are clear: global power, economic and technological control, geo-political status quo, the fear of scandal surrounding the exposure of such projects and their behavior and so forth.
      But the one thing more dangerous than disclosure is continued secrecy. The earth is dying because we are killing her. The top 250 people and families in the world have the net worth of 2.5 billion of our poorest citizens.  The promising relationship between humanity and people from other planets is being militarized and strained by failed thinking and failed programs run completely in secret.
      As daunting as disclosure may be, with all its potential for short-term instability and change, continued secrecy means that we will destroy the earth through our folly and greed. The future of humanity, which has been delayed and hijacked for the past 50 years, cannot be hijacked for 50 more. For we do not have 50 more years-the earth’s ecosystem will collapse before then.
      There are no easy choices. But there is one right one. Will you help us make it?

      Testimony that Explains the Secrecy

      Brigadier General  Y: Army National Guard Reserves

      “But what happened was that Eisenhower got sold out.  Without him knowing it, he lost control of what was going on with the entire UFO situation. In his last address to the nation, I think he was telling us that the Military Industrial Complex would stick you in the back if you were not totally vigilant.  And, I think that he felt like he had not been vigilant.  I think he felt like he trusted too many people.  And, Eisenhower was a trusting man.  He was a good man.  And I think that he realized that all of a sudden this matter is going into the control of corporations that could very well act to the detriment of this country.
      “This frustration, from what I can remember, went on for months.  He realized that he was losing control of the UFO subject.  He realized that the phenomenon or whatever it was that we were faced with was not going to be in the best hands.  As far as I can remember, that was the expression that was used, ‘It is not going to be in the best hands.’ That was a real concern. And so it has turned out to be…
      “It had been discussed with me on numerous occasions what could happen to me militarily if I discussed this. I would say that the government has done as good a job enforcing secrecy through the installation of abject fear as they have done with anything within the memory of modern man.  I really believe they have done a job.
      “One older officer discussed with me what possibly could happen if there was a revelation. He was talking about being erased and I said, ‘Man, what do you mean erased?’  And, he said, ‘Yes, you will be erased-disappear.’  And I said, ‘How do you know all this?’  And he said, ‘I know.  Those threats have been made and carried out.  Those threats started way back in 1947. The Army Air Force was given absolute control over how to handle this.  This being the biggest security situation that this country has ever dealt with and there have been some erasures…’
       “I don’t care what kind of a person you are.  I don’t care how strong or courageous you are.  It would be a very fearful situation because from what Matt [this older officer] said, ‘They will go after not only you.  They will go after your family.’  Those were his words.  And, so I can only say that the reason that they have managed to keep it under wraps for so long is through fear.  They are very selective about how they pull someone out to make an example of.  And I know that that has been done.”

      Z: US Navy Atlantic Command

      “These two gentlemen began to question me about this event.  They were being pretty rough about it, to be honest with you.  I remember literally putting my hands up and saying, ‘Wait a minute fellows.  I am on your side.  Just a minute.’  Because they were not really nice.  They were very intimidating and made it quite clear to the point that nothing that was seen, heard, or witnessed, that transpired was to leave this building.  ‘You are not to say a word about it to your co-workers.  And off base, you just forget everything that you may have seen or heard concerning this.  It didn’t happen…’”

      Lt. Col. AA: US Air Force (Retired)

      “It is sort of strange but we send people to prison, we send people to their death because of eyewitness accounts of crimes.  Our legal system is based on that to a large degree.  Yet in my following of unusual aerial phenomena for the past 50 years, there seems to be some reason to discredit very viable and very reputable witnesses when they say something is unidentified…
      “I do know that there are agencies of our Government that can manipulate data.  And you can create or recreate [whatever you want].  Craft, intelligently operated craft, have basically violated our laws of physics on this planet.  And they have done that for a long time.  The fact that the Government at this point-I know we have been investigating since 1947-has not come up with an answer, to me indicates that there is something seriously wrong.  Are we this incompetent in science?  I don’t think so.  Are we this incompetent in intelligence?  I know we are not this incompetent in intelligence.  Now, Project Blue Book, when it was closed by Dr. Condon’s group, I have every reason to believe that this was a total deliberate whitewash….
      “UFOs have been investigated for an extended period of time and the general public is not being made aware, fully aware-but are given only bits and piece

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)