Gravitational Anomalies and Theories, from David Pratt

  • c.h.thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2001
      Dear All

      For a comprehensive introduction to dissident ideas on gravity, including
      facts ranging from anomalies in the 1798 Cavendish torsion balance
      measurements of the gravitational constant (is it really a constant?) to
      Podkletnov, Biefeld-Brown and Maurice Allais, I recommend David Pratt's
      paper very highly.

      He introduced it to me as follows:

      > On the subject of gravity, are you acquainted with
      > the Pari Spolter's book 'Gravitational Force of the
      > Sun' (Orb Publishing, 1993, orbpublishing@...)?
      > It presents a cogent critique of both newtonian and
      > einsteinian gravity theories. I've summarized some
      > of Spolter's views in the first section of the following
      > article:
      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dp5/gravity.htm.

      Don't be deterred by the errors in the first few paragraphs! They are
      unimportant compared to the rest, which is very well written and full of
      interest. The references are good too.

      Sincerely
      Caroline
      c.h.thompson@...