Re: New evidence for life on Mars?

  • cyrano@aqua.ocn.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2001
      Dear Vesselin,

      Thanks for the news.

      However,I doubt very much about Nasa allegations!!! Probably propaganda used
      to get some money!!!

      Best regards,

      Claude
    • Robert Neil Boyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2001
        Did you say the same thing when this was announced
        2 years ago? http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_294000/294313.stm

        Tony Smith commented, "...Yes, THAT is the part they don't not seem to
        > want to admit: that there may still be - even if only microbial - life on MARS!
        >
        > It would of course generate a terriric clamor from
        > Biologists and Sensible Humans that a Special
        > UN Comittee be struck to regulate Exploration
        > of Mars, which would thereby reduce NASA's
        > freedom to do what it wants.
        >
        > Why else?! Perhaps because it would get in the
        > way of Terraforming Plans?! That's what I suspect."

        Skepticism is not fruitful. In fact, it is destructive of progress.
        In the past, when I found myself getting caught in it, I realized
        that the solution was further investigation, not further doubt.
        The rate of my progress improved dramatically, as a result.
        Now I treat facts as facts, and opinions as opinions.

        Best Wishes,

        Neil