A sort of story time in physics] Steven Rado's Aethro-kinematics

  • John Schnurer
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      Dear Folks,

      I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description of
      Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main area.

      Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.

      This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us ut together a set of
      mechanical models and explain things.... It may be pretty... but leaves
      me a little un satisfied.
      For example: how does this model explain magnetic viscosity or
      magnetic hysteresis or the speed of propagation of a magnetic field in an
      an isotropic material which is under mechanical stress.... or the
      temperature dependence in the propagation of flux in copper niclke alloys.

      On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Vern wrote:

      > >That somehow reminds me of how Greeks and other earlies debated whether
      > >fire, air, water, earth, plasma, aether or what they called "gold", the
      > >flesh of the gods, was the leader in the game we call the universe. Earth
      > >does not seem to do too well lately.
      > >
      > >What specific extrapolations about making things happen are attached to that
      >
      > >aethro-kinematics? Could you give us a brief synopsis instead of arguing the
      >
      > >toss on a list?
      > >
      > >Adrian.
      >
      > A fair overview of Aethro-kinematics may be viewed at Rado's
      > web site. The link is below.
      > http://www.aethro-kinematics.com/
      > Regards,
      > Vern

    • c.h.thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2000
        Dear John

        > I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description of
        > Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main area.
        >
        > Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.
        >
        > This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us put together a set of
        > mechanical models and explain things.... It may be pretty... but leaves
        > me a little un satisfied.

        I agree. It leaves me unsatisfied for rather more basic reasons, that it
        introduces a difference between north and south poles that I have never seen
        anyone suggest actually existed. If you put two like poles together in his
        theory, they are supposed to repel whether they are both sucking aether in
        or spewing it out. Though he puts forward some faintly plausible arguments
        for this, I can't see any reason why the forces should turn out equal for
        equal pole strengths!

        But what is YOUR explanation of magnetism? I have my own private (or not
        so completely private -- there are hints on my web site) basic picture, and
        this is closely related to the nineteenth century one with little circling
        currents. I do not have detailed knowledge of all the properties of
        magnetism, though. What other ingredients are needed?

        Incidentally, Steven Rado's book was an inspiration to me -- I don't agree
        with his aethrons, his model of the electron or many other things, but all
        the same he presents some very plausible explanations for relativistic
        effects and makes interesting suggestions about the nature of light. He
        pulls to pieces the supposed evidence for the quantum. Though his ideas on
        gravity may not be right, they may not be wholly wrong! He is at least
        right to challenge existing theory. I suppose I appreciated his work
        because it happened to be the first time I'd seen some of the challenges in
        print. Here was a like mind! An intuitive model of the universe IS
        possible.

        But what I'm really writing for is just to ask about your own model of
        magnetism?

        Cheers
        Caroline
        c.h.thompson@...
        http://www.aber.ac.uk/~cat
      • Vern
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2000
          John:
          Dear Folks,
          I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description
          of Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main
          area.
          Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.
          This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us ut together a
          set of mechanical models and explain things.... It may be
          pretty... but leaves me a little un satisfied.
          For example: how does this model explain magnetic viscosity
          or magnetic hysteresis or the speed of propagation of a
          magnetic field in an an isotropic material which is under
          mechanical stress.... or the temperature dependence in the
          propagation of flux in copper niclke alloys.

          Vern new:
          Thank you John for the comments. Rado's book goes into much
          more detail about magnetism and I understand that he has
          now re-worked it for publication in a new book or part
          in the series called "Aethro-dynamics." Steven has graciously
          agreed to send me a pre-publication version for review.
          Hopefully your concerns are addressed without throwing out
          the general concept of Aethron existence and kinematics.
          There is a larger picture here, that is that Aethro-kinematics
          may work for all phenomena. It may surely have to refined,
          but it's possible that the basic premises will prove to be
          true and that it will then result in a reconsideration of
          our basic view of nature.
          I'm sorry that I cannot specifically address the questions
          you have outlined. Perhaps I will be able to respond at some
          later date when my level of understanding of magnetism
          approaches yours.
          Please disregard the link to my ISP!
          http://www.bealenet.com