Steven Rado's Aethro-kinematics

  • Vernon Hodge
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
      Greetings group members.
      I susbscribed to this group for two purposes. The first of which
      is to see what types of posts were circulating and how they might
      relate to my personal study of theoretical physics. The second
      reason for subscribing is to see if any members are interesting in
      discussing Aethro-kinematics; a term coined by Steven Rado
      in his book by the same title. Aethro-kinematics is by Rado's own
      words, "[A] complete description of the physical universe
      founded and executed on the laws, concepts and ideas of The Kinetic
      Theory of Gases and on the overriding assumption that all natural
      phenomena can be derived from, analyzed, described and humanly
      understood through the comparatively simple kinematics of an
      all-pervading ideal gas." I have started a separate group
      at egroups entitled "aethro-kinematics" for further discussing
      and analyzing Rado's theories, so if the subject matter is off-
      topic here but any members are interested, they are welcome to
      join the aethro-kinematics group.
      Thank you.
      V. Hodge (Vern)
    • Adrian
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
        That somehow reminds me of how Greeks and other earlies debated whether
        fire, air, water, earth, plasma, aether or what they called "gold", the
        flesh of the gods, was the leader in the game we call the universe. Earth
        does not seem to do too well lately.

        What specific extrapolations about making things happen are attached to that
        aethro-kinematics? Could you give us a brief synopsis instead of arguing the
        toss on a list?

        Adrian.

        Subject: [forcefieldpropulsionphysics] Steven Rado's Aethro-kinematics

        > Greetings group members.
        > I susbscribed to this group for two purposes. The first of which
        > is to see what types of posts were circulating and how they might
        > relate to my personal study of theoretical physics. The second
        > reason for subscribing is to see if any members are interesting in
        > discussing Aethro-kinematics; a term coined by Steven Rado
        > in his book by the same title. Aethro*-kinematics is by Rado's own
        > words, "[A] complete description of the physical universe
        > founded and executed on the laws, concepts and ideas of The Kinetic
        > Theory of Gases and on the overriding assumption that all natural
        > phenomena can be derived from, analyzed, described and humanly
        > understood through the comparatively simple kinematics of an
        > all-pervading ideal gas." I have started a separate group
        > at egroups entitled "aethro-kinematics" for further discussing
        > and analyzing Rado's theories, so if the subject matter is off-
        > topic here but any members are interested, they are welcome to
        > join the aethro-kinematics group.
        > Thank you.
        > V. Hodge (Vern)

      • Vern
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
          >That somehow reminds me of how Greeks and other earlies debated whether
          >fire, air, water, earth, plasma, aether or what they called "gold", the
          >flesh of the gods, was the leader in the game we call the universe. Earth
          >does not seem to do too well lately.
          >
          >What specific extrapolations about making things happen are attached to that

          >aethro-kinematics? Could you give us a brief synopsis instead of arguing the

          >toss on a list?
          >
          >Adrian.

          A fair overview of Aethro-kinematics may be viewed at Rado's
          web site. The link is below.
          http://www.aethro-kinematics.com/
          Regards,
          Vern
          ************************
          Please disregard the link to my ISP!
          http://www.bealenet.com
        • Adrian
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
            Ta, will go have a gawp, Just like to know things, as the aether with fluid
            dynamics has the aether not quite fit definitions.
            Adrian.

            > >That somehow reminds me of how Greeks and other earlies debated whether
            > >fire, air, water, earth, plasma, aether or what they called "gold", the
            > >flesh of the gods, was the leader in the game we call the universe. Earth
            > >does not seem to do too well lately.
            > >
            > >What specific extrapolations about making things happen are attached to
            that

            > >aethro-kinematics? Could you give us a brief synopsis instead of arguing
            the

            > >toss on a list?
            > >
            > >Adrian.
            >
            > A fair overview of Aethro-kinematics may be viewed at Rado's
            > web site. The link is below.
            > http://www.aethro-kinematics.com/
            > Regards,
            > Vern

          • John Schnurer
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
              Dear Folks,

              I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description of
              Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main area.

              Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.

              This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us ut together a set of
              mechanical models and explain things.... It may be pretty... but leaves
              me a little un satisfied.
              For example: how does this model explain magnetic viscosity or
              magnetic hysteresis or the speed of propagation of a magnetic field in an
              an isotropic material which is under mechanical stress.... or the
              temperature dependence in the propagation of flux in copper niclke alloys.

              On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Vern wrote:

              > >That somehow reminds me of how Greeks and other earlies debated whether
              > >fire, air, water, earth, plasma, aether or what they called "gold", the
              > >flesh of the gods, was the leader in the game we call the universe. Earth
              > >does not seem to do too well lately.
              > >
              > >What specific extrapolations about making things happen are attached to that
              >
              > >aethro-kinematics? Could you give us a brief synopsis instead of arguing the
              >
              > >toss on a list?
              > >
              > >Adrian.
              >
              > A fair overview of Aethro-kinematics may be viewed at Rado's
              > web site. The link is below.
              > http://www.aethro-kinematics.com/
              > Regards,
              > Vern

            • c.h.thompson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2000
                Dear John

                > I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description of
                > Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main area.
                >
                > Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.
                >
                > This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us put together a set of
                > mechanical models and explain things.... It may be pretty... but leaves
                > me a little un satisfied.

                I agree. It leaves me unsatisfied for rather more basic reasons, that it
                introduces a difference between north and south poles that I have never seen
                anyone suggest actually existed. If you put two like poles together in his
                theory, they are supposed to repel whether they are both sucking aether in
                or spewing it out. Though he puts forward some faintly plausible arguments
                for this, I can't see any reason why the forces should turn out equal for
                equal pole strengths!

                But what is YOUR explanation of magnetism? I have my own private (or not
                so completely private -- there are hints on my web site) basic picture, and
                this is closely related to the nineteenth century one with little circling
                currents. I do not have detailed knowledge of all the properties of
                magnetism, though. What other ingredients are needed?

                Incidentally, Steven Rado's book was an inspiration to me -- I don't agree
                with his aethrons, his model of the electron or many other things, but all
                the same he presents some very plausible explanations for relativistic
                effects and makes interesting suggestions about the nature of light. He
                pulls to pieces the supposed evidence for the quantum. Though his ideas on
                gravity may not be right, they may not be wholly wrong! He is at least
                right to challenge existing theory. I suppose I appreciated his work
                because it happened to be the first time I'd seen some of the challenges in
                print. Here was a like mind! An intuitive model of the universe IS
                possible.

                But what I'm really writing for is just to ask about your own model of
                magnetism?

                Cheers
                Caroline
                c.h.thompson@...
                http://www.aber.ac.uk/~cat
              • Vern
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2000
                  John:
                  Dear Folks,
                  I looked at the site briefly..... and went to the description
                  of Magnetism. i did theis because magnetic fields are my main
                  area.
                  Steve Rado describes a "fan" operating in a pipe.
                  This sort of sounds like ..to me .... lets us ut together a
                  set of mechanical models and explain things.... It may be
                  pretty... but leaves me a little un satisfied.
                  For example: how does this model explain magnetic viscosity
                  or magnetic hysteresis or the speed of propagation of a
                  magnetic field in an an isotropic material which is under
                  mechanical stress.... or the temperature dependence in the
                  propagation of flux in copper niclke alloys.

                  Vern new:
                  Thank you John for the comments. Rado's book goes into much
                  more detail about magnetism and I understand that he has
                  now re-worked it for publication in a new book or part
                  in the series called "Aethro-dynamics." Steven has graciously
                  agreed to send me a pre-publication version for review.
                  Hopefully your concerns are addressed without throwing out
                  the general concept of Aethron existence and kinematics.
                  There is a larger picture here, that is that Aethro-kinematics
                  may work for all phenomena. It may surely have to refined,
                  but it's possible that the basic premises will prove to be
                  true and that it will then result in a reconsideration of
                  our basic view of nature.
                  I'm sorry that I cannot specifically address the questions
                  you have outlined. Perhaps I will be able to respond at some
                  later date when my level of understanding of magnetism
                  approaches yours.