magnetic-gravity converter?

  • cyrano@aqua.ocn.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
      Dear Ross and Colleagues,

      What is your opinion on this russian experience from Sergei Godin described
      below?

      Best regards,

      Claude

      From:Berkant Goeksel <bgoeksel@...-Berlin.DE>

      Here are some translated lines from the Godin experiment.

      1. Introduction
      There has been a great interest in examining nonlinear effects in the
      system of rotating magnetic fields. Such effects have been observed in the
      device called Searl's generator or SEG (SEG, Searl Effect Generator)
      [1-4]. An SEG consists of a series of three rings and rollers that go
      around those rings. All parts of SEG are based on the Law of the Squares.
      The rollers revolve around the plates that form the rings, but they do not
      touch them. There's a primary north and south pole on the rollers and a
      primary north and south pole on the plates. Obviously you will have the
      north pole of the roller attracted to the south pole of the plate.
      The plate and the rollers have layered structure. The external layer -
      Titan, then Iron, Nylon and last internal layer was made from Neodymium.
      John R.R. Searl has supposed that the electrons are given off from the
      central element (which is neodymium), and they travel out through other
      ele-ments. If nylon had not been put there, the SEG would act like a laser
      and one pulse would go out and it would stop, build up, and another pulse
      would go out. But, with the nylon being, nylon acts as a control gate, and
      that control gate gives you an even flow of electrons throughout the SEG
      [4].
      In [4] it was shown that in the process of magnetization of the plate and
      rollers, the combination of constant and variable magnetic fields for
      creating a special wave (sine wave) pattern on a plate surface and rollers
      surface was used. The basic effects are the rollers selfrunning around a
      ring plate and reduction of weight up to occurrence of propulsion and
      flying up of all magnetic system. These effects come about because of a
      special geometry of experimental setup. It was shown that the work of the
      device in critical regime is accompanied by biological and real physical
      phenomena.
      Unfortunately except for the listed references we could not find other
      information where similar effects are be mentioned.
      In this paper we present the experimental device the results we have
      obtained.

      2. The description of the experimental installation
      The basic difficulty is in a choosing the materials and maintaining the
      necessary pattern im-printing on the plate and rollers surfaces. To
      simplify the technology we decided to use a one-ring design with one-ring
      plate (stator) and one-ring of rollers (rotor). It is obvious, that it was
      necessary to strengthen the rollers on a rotor by the bearings and balance
      the rollers well. In the suggested de-sign the air bearings were used
      which provided the minimum losses due to friction.
      >From the available description [1-4] it was not clear how it is possible
      to make and magnetize the stator with a diameter of about one meter. In
      order to make the stator from separate magnetized segments executed on the
      basis of rare earth magnets with the residual induction 1T; the segments
      were magnetized in a usual way by discharging capacitor battery through
      the coil. Afterwards the segments were assembled and glued together in a
      special iron armature, which reduced magnetic energy. To manufacture the
      stator 110 KGs of rare earth magnets were used, and to manufacture the
      rotor 115 KGs of that material was used. High-frequency field under
      magnetization was not ap-plied. It was decided to replace an imprinting
      technology described in [1-4] with cross-magnetic in-serts having a flux
      vector directed at 90 degrees to a vector of basic magnetization of a
      stator and rollers of a rotor. For these cross inserts the modified rare
      earth magnets with a residual magnetiza-tion of 1,2 T and coercive force a
      little bit greater than in a base material was used. In Fig.1 and Fig.2
      the joint arrangement of stator 1, elements of a rotor - rollers 2 and a
      way of their mutual gearing by means of cross magnetic inserts 19, are
      shown. Between the stator and roller surfaces the air gap d of 1-mm is
      left.

      No layered structure was used except a continuous copper foil of 0.8 mm
      thickness which wrapped up the stator and rollers. This foil has the
      direct electrical contact to magnets of a stator and rollers. Distance
      between inserts in the rollers is equal to distance between inserts on the
      stator.

      Fig.1. Variant of one-ring converter.

      The ratio of parameters of the stator 1 and the rotor 2 in Fig.2
      is chosen so that the relation of stator diameter - D and roller diameter
      - d is an integer equal to or greater then 12. Choosing such ratio allow
      us to achieve a magnetic spin wave resonant mode between elements of a
      working body of the device is achieved.

      Fig.2. A way of organization of magnetic
      gearing stator and rollers.

      The elements of magnetic system were assembled in a uniform design on the
      aluminium plat-form. In Fig.3 the general view of the platform with
      one-ring converter is displayed. This platform was supplied with springs,
      amortizators and had a possibility of moving vertical on three supports.
      The value of displacement was measured by the induction meter of
      displacement 14; thus the change of the platform weight at once has been
      defined during the experiment in real time. Gross weight of the platform
      with magnetic system in the initial condition was 350 KGs.

      Fig.3. The general view of the platform with one-ring converter.
      The stator 1 was mounted motionlessly, and the rollers 2 were assembled
      on a mobile common separator 3, connected with the basic shaft 4 of the
      device. Through this shaft the rotary moment was transferred. The basic
      shaft by the means of friction muff 5 was connected to the
      electrody-namics generator 7 and starting engine 6, which accelerated the
      converter up to a mode of self-sustained rotation. Along a rotor the
      electromagnetic inductors 8 with open cores 9 were located. The magnetic
      rollers 2 crossed the open cores of inductors and closed the magnetic flux
      through electromagnetic inductors 8, and induced emf in them, which acted
      directly on an active load 10 (a set of incandescent lamps with total
      power 1 kW). The electromagnetic inductors 8 were equipped with an
      electrical drive 11 and had an opportunity to smoothly move on supports
      12.
      To study the influence of the external high voltage on the characteristics
      of the converter the system of radial electrical polarization was mounted.
      On periphery of the rotor ring electrodes 13 were set between the
      electromagnetic inductors 8 having with the rollers 2 air gap of 10 mm.
      The electrodes are connected to a high-voltage source; the positive
      potential was connected to the stator, and the negative to the
      polarization electrodes. The voltage was adjusted in a range of 0-20 kV.
      In experiments the constant value of 20 kV was used.
      In case of emergency braking, friction disk from the ordinary car braking
      system was mounted on a basic shaft of the rotor. The electrodynamics
      generator 7 was connected to active load through a set of switches
      ensuring step connection of the load from 1 kW to 10 kW.
      The converter under going testing had in its inner structure the oil
      friction generator of thermal energy 15, intended for taping a superfluous
      power (more than 10 kW) into the thermo-exchange contour. But since the
      real output power of the converter in experiment has not exceeded 7 kW,
      the oil friction thermal generator was not used. The complete
      stabilization of revolutions of the rotor was carried out by
      electromagnetic inductors connected to an additional load, which was set
      of in-candescent lamps with total power 1 kW.

      3. Experimental results
      The magnetic-gravity converter was built in a laboratory room on three
      concrete supports at a ground level. The ceiling height the lab room was 3
      meters. Besides the presence of the iron-concrete ceiling, in immediate
      proximity from the magnetic system there was a generator and elec-tric
      motor, which contained some tens KGs of iron and could potentially deform
      the field's pattern.
      The device was started by the electric motor, which accelerated the
      rotation of the rotor. The revolutions were smoothly increased up to the
      moment the ammeter included in a circuit of the electric motor started to
      show zero or lower value of a consumed current or even a presence of the
      back current. The presence of the back current is detected at approx. 550
      rpm. The magnetic mov-ing sensor 14 starts to detect the change in weight
      of the whole installation at 200 rpm. Afterwards the electric motor is
      completely disconnected by the electromagnetic muff and the ordinary
      electro-dynamics generator is connected to the basic shaft of the device
      through the same muff. The rotor of the converter continues to
      self-accelerate and with the approach to the critical mode of 550 rpm, the
      weight of the device quickly changes.
      In addition to the change speed of rotation the weight depend of the
      power, removed into active load, (the set of ten ordinary electrical water
      heaters of 1 kW was used) and of the applied polariz-ing voltage, as well.
      At the maximum output power equal to 6-7 kW the change of weight DG of the
      whole platform (total weight is about 350 KGs), reaches 35 % of the weight
      in an initial condition G?. A load of more than 7 kW results in a gradual
      decrease of revolutions and exit from the mode of self-generation with the
      subsequent complete stop of the rotor.
      The weight of a platform can be controlled by applying of a high voltage
      to cellular ring elec-trodes located at a distance of 10 mm from external
      surfaces of the rollers. Under the high 20 kV voltage (electrodes negative
      pole) the increase of taped power in circuit of the basic generator more
      than 6 kW does not influence DG while the revolutions per min is not
      decreased to 400 rpm. "Tightening" of this effect is observed as well as
      the effect of hysteresis on DG (a kind of "residual induction"). The
      experimental diagrams given on Fig.4 illustrate the modes of the converter
      opera-tions.
      Fig. 4. Modes of operations of the magnet-gravity converter.

      The effect of a local change of the platform weight is convertible
      relative to the direction of rotor turning, and has the same hysteresis.
      At clockwise rotation the critical mode comes in the area of 550 rpm and
      the propulsion force against the direction of gravitation vector is
      created, by anal-ogy, at counter-clockwise rotation the critical mode
      comes the in area of 600 rpm and the propul-sion on the direction of
      gravitation vector is created. The difference in approach to a critical
      mode of 50 - 60 rpm was observed. It is necessary to mention that the most
      interesting region lies above the critical area of 550 rpm, but due to of
      a number of circumstances the implementation of such re-search was not
      possible.
      Other interesting effects include the work of the converter in the dark
      room when corona dis-charges are observed around the converter's rotor as
      a blue-pink glowing luminescence and a char-acteristic ozone smell. The
      cloud of ionization covers the area of a stator and a rotor and has
      ac-cordingly toroidal form. On the background of luminescence glowing on
      rollers' surfaces we distin-guished wave picture. A number of more
      vigorous strips of discharges around the rollers were ob-served. These
      discharges were of the white - yellow colour is, but the characteristic
      for the arc dis-charges sound was not audible.
      One more effect previously not mentioned was observed i.e. the vertical
      magnetic "walls" around the installation. We noticed and measured the
      abnormal permanent magnetic field around the converter in the radius of 15
      meters. The zones of an increased intensity of a magnetic flux 0,05T
      located concentrically from the centre of the installation were detected.
      The direction of magnetic field vector in these walls coincided with the
      direction of rollers' field vector. The struc-ture of these zones reminded
      circles on water from the thrown stone. Between these zones a port-able
      magnetometer, which used the Hall's sensor as a sensitive element, did not
      register abnormal magnetic fields. The layers of an increased intensity
      are distributed practically without losses up to a distance of about 15
      meters from the centre of the converter and quickly decrease at the border
      of this zone. The thickness of each layer is about 5 - 8 cm. The border of
      each layer has sharp shape, the distance between layers is about 50 - 60
      cm and it slightly accrues when moving from the centre of the converter.
      The steady picture of this field was observed as well at a height of 6 m
      above the installation (on the second floor above the lab.). Above the
      second floor the measurements were not carried out.
      The abnormal fall of the temperature in direct affinity from the converter
      was also found. While the common temperature background in laboratory was
      + 22°? (±2°?) the fall of temperature equal to 6-8°? was noticed. The
      same phenomenon was observed in vertical magnetic walls as well as. The
      measurements of temperature inside the magnetic walls were carried out by
      the ordinary alco-hol thermometer with inertia of indication about 1,5
      min. In the magnetic walls the temperature changes can be distinctly
      observed even by hand. The hand when placed into this magnetic wall feels
      real cold at once. The similar picture was observed at the height above
      installation, i.e. on the second floor of the laboratory as well as
      despite the ferro-concrete blocking of ceiling.

      4. Discussion
      All the results we obtained are extremely unusual and require some
      theoretical explanation. Un-fortunately the interpretation of results
      within the framework of the conventional physical theory cannot explain
      all the observed phenomena and first of all the change of weight. The
      change of weight is possible to interpret as a local change of gravity
      force or as an occurrence of propulsion force by repelling from its own
      field. Direct experiment, confirming a presence of draft force was not
      performed, but in any case both interpretations of the weight change do
      not correspond to the modern physical paradigm and demand reconsideration
      of the standard theory of gravitation or criticism of the second law of
      Newton, both of which are only possible if we take into consideration the
      now-advert physical media ether as understood by Faraday-Maxwell-Mie.
      >From the modern physics position electrization and luminescence of the
      converter's magnetic system in the near zone is not completely clear. The
      phenomenon of the magnetic and thermal "walls" may be connected with
      Alphen's magnetic-sound waves raised in near zone in magnetized plasma
      induced by a variable magnetic field of a rotating rotor [5].

      At present time we can not give an exact description of the interactions
      mechanism with envi-ronment and transformation of energy, but it is
      completely obvious, that without the use of the con-cept of physical media
      - the ether in a sense of Faraday-Maxwell-Mie we are completely unable to
      give physically substantial theory of these phenomena.
      In conclusion, we emphasize that the issues of the biological influence
      effects and especially of the variations of real time stream effects,
      which must be taking place in an operative zone of the converter, were not
      considered at all. These issues are extremely important and absolutely
      unex-plored; though there are some mentions of J.R.R.Searl about healing
      action of the SEG's radiation. Our own experience allows to make only
      cautious assumption that the short-term stay (dozen min-utes) in a working
      zone of the converter with the fixed output power of 6 kW remains for the
      people without observed consequences. The present paper is only a
      beginning.

      References
      1. Von Herbert Schneider, Dr. J.B. Koeppl, Hans - Joachim Ehlers.
      Begegnung mit John R.R.
      Searl. Raum und Ziet, #39, 1989, pp. 75-80.
      2. Von S. Gunnar Sandberg. Was ist dran am Searl-effect. Raum und Ziet,
      #40, 1989, pp. 67-75.
      3. Von Herbert Schneider. Harry Watt. Dem Searl-effect auf der spur. Raum
      und Ziet, # 42, 1989,
      pp.75-81; #43, pp.73-77.
      4. John A. Thomas Jr. ANTI-GRAVITY: The Dream Made Reality. Extraordinary
      Science,
      vol.VI, Issue2, 1994.
      5. L.D.Landau, E.M.Lifshits. Electrodynamics of continuous media.-
      Moscow, Nauka,
      1982. (in Russian).

      ( 2 )

      Sergei wrote in response.

      >> PS: BTW, what are bi-waves?
      >
      >I name by this term a pair of spin waves with PI phase shift,
      >which exist in a body of stator.
      >One half pushes a N pole of roller, another - a S pole.

      BTW; I also received a translated version through a member of Boeing on
      the Advanced EM list of the DoE. They encouraged me to replicate the
      Searl effect. So why not putting the preprints on-line now, Sergei.

      You might be interested that rare earth metals have a high neutrino
      charge according to a paper of Prof. Fischbach:
      "Higher-order weak interactions and the equivalence principle"

      http://prola.aps.org/pdf/PRD/v52/i10/p5417_1

      The highest is in Uran. Maybe this is the reason why the rotating Searl
      apparatus based on Neodymium could couple to the natural neutrino flow
      (which in great part could be superluminal or tachionic), so that the
      machine acted as a kind of vacuum propeller by an anomalous coupling of
      gravity to neutrinos.

      "Thus, the electromagnetic field and the space-time metric (neutrino
      network) have an independent or inherent existence, but the excited states
      (magnetic monopole) and phase changes of the neutrino have a dependent
      existence derived from fluctuations in the electromagnetic field
      aforementioned."

      The magnetic walls are probably some neutrino standing waves or shock
      waves (solitons). Maybe they are fractional charged free quarks made from
      standing neutrinos (see the theory of Alex Kaivarainen at
      http://www.egroups.com/files/electroaerodynamics3/Kaivarainen/Summ_II.pdf)

      Alex writes that at certain conditions the free neutrino turns to the
      standing one, leading to fusion of regular elementary particles. This
      could also explain the radial electron field and high voltage generation
      in the Searl effect generator.

      Alex also writes that each of excessive standing neutrino and antineutrino
      has an electric charge equal to +1/3 and -1/3 correspondingly.

      Godin himself writes that the orientation of the rotation changes the
      vector of the force. One time it is in line with the gravity vector, the
      other time of rotation it is opposite.

      Prof. Winterberg once speculated that quarks could be negative mass
      monopoles.

      Best regards,
      Berkant

      PS: I will ask Prof. Roger A. Cowley at Oxford University what he thinks:
      http://xray.physics.ox.ac.uk/Cowley/CV_Roger.htm

      His research area fits well:

      1 The determination of phonon dispersion curves and interatomic forces in
      metals, semiconductors and ionic crystals. This led to studies of the
      anharmonic effects on the scattering, thermal expansion, thermal
      conductivity and optical properties.

      2 Structural phase transitions may be associated with an unstable mode of
      vibration. These have been studied in ferroelectrics, perovskites, and
      incommensurate materials. The critical phenomena have been studied
      together with the so-called central peak and two length scale problems.

      3 The excitations in liquid helium 4 and liquid helium 3 have been studied
      experimentally.

      4 The magnetic spin wave excitations and their interactions have been
      determined in a variety of materials. This has led particularly to the
      understanding of the effects of crystal fields.

      5 Magnetic systems are ideal for testing the statistical mechanics of
      simple systems. Studies have been made of the two-dimensional Ising Model,
      the three-dimensional Ising and Heisenberg models, random bond systems,
      percolation and random field systems.

      6 The anomalous effects of quantum fluctuations on low dimensional systems
      are being studied for magnetic chains.

      7 The magnetic structures of superlattices and alloys containing rare
      earth metals have been determined and the magnetic interactions
      elucidated.

      8 X-ray scattering techniques have been developed to study thin films,
      surfaces and interfaces and theses techniques have been applied to surface
      truncation rods, the determination of interface roughness and the
      structure of superlattices.

    • Peter Fred
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2000
        --- In forcefieldpropulsionphysics@egroups.com, cyrano@a... wrote:
        > Dear Ross and Colleagues,
        >
        > What is your opinion on this russian experience from Sergei Godin
        described
        > below?

        Here is my opinion at the risk of repeating my self.

        I think the remark in the discussion should be taken seriously:

        "All the results we obtained are extremely unusual and require some
        theoretical explanation. Un-fortunately the interpretation of results
        within the framework of the conventional physical theory cannot
        explain all the observed phenomena and first of all the change of
        weight."

        If we go to the work that Searl originally did we find that his
        antigravity effect was discovered by accident. Here is quote from
        that work:

        "By 1952, the first generator had been constructed and was about
        three feet in diameter. It was tested in the open by Searl and a
        friend. The armature was set in motion by a small engine. The device
        produced the expected electrical power, but at an unexpectedly high
        potential. At relatively low armature speeds a potential of the order
        of 10.5 volts was produced, as indicated by static effects on nearby
        objects.

        The really unexpected then occurred. While still speeding up, the
        generator lifted and rose to a height of about 50 feet above the
        ground, breaking the union between itself and the engine. Here it
        stayed for a while, still speeding up and surrounding itself with a
        pink glow. This indicated ionisation of air at a much higher pressure
        of about 10.3 mm Hg. More interesting was the side-effect, causing
        local radio receivers to go on by themselves. Finally, the whole
        generator accelerated at a fantastic rate and is thought to have gone
        off into space."

        from http://www.starwon.com.au/~rayd/searl.htm.

        The traditional mass-based gravity theories of Newton and Einstein:
        theory are in trouble: (1) We have to now believe that 65 % of the
        mass of the universe resides in the vacuum!

        See http://www.spaceviews.com/2000/05/09b.html

        and (2)Very sensitive detectors and large well-financed study has
        failed to find statistical evidence for the dark matter.

        See:
        http://cfpa.berkeley.edu/group/directdet/results_feb2000/0002471.pdf

        The Searl device gets cold before losing weight and the theory that
        de Aquino uses to get his 63 % loss of weight links gravitaitional
        mass temperature.

        Thus I feel that the signs are now beginning to come in which suggest
        an entirely new gravity theory in needed to understand
        the "accidental" Searl antigravity effect.

        I have such a theory. I do not base my theory on mass. I base it on
        the heat that flows through a sphere that contains the sphere's mass.
        As you may well know I have observed a ~3 % decrease in weight with a
        hollow aluminimm hemisphere which was subject to 3000 wats of
        infrared radiation.

        My theory would also work if a heat sink rather that a heat source
        were at the center of a sphere or hemisphere. In this case, the
        gravitational force would be directed radially away from the center.
        However, as with the case where the force that is directed towards
        the center, it would be strongest at the surface of the sphere or
        hemisphere.

        Regards

        Peter

        http://members.iglou.com/nfred/