Fwd: lacbc

  • Dennis Crowley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      >To: lacbc@yahoogroups.com
      >From: Dennis Crowley <dennis.crowley@...>
      >Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:45:14 -0700
      >Subject: [lacbc] California Transportation Plan for 2025
      >

      >Tomorrow is the meeting downtown for the California Transportation
      >Plan 2025 (at the Ronald Reagan Building 1:00 to 4:00). I want to be
      >there encouraging them to build a facility like the one from the Caltrans
      >art contest.
      >
      >Caltrans's bike freeway image:
      >
      >http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/Images/Oleg%27s%20full%20size.jpg
      >
      >dennis

    • Adrian Griffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2003
        Hi,

        Best of luck at the meeting. I think funding is a key
        issue. If a bike fwy is built it would be great for
        the bike industry. Manufacturers to shops would be
        willing to raise funds. Also, there may be grants
        available that fund projects that are good for the
        environment.

        Is there an estimate of the cost for the project? If
        there is I think the bike coalition should feel
        confident in offering a match for whatever the feds or
        caltrans can put in their budget. I'm also willing to
        work on fund raising for the cause.

        Adrian
        wrote:
        > >To: lacbc@yahoogroups.com
        > >From: Dennis Crowley <dennis.crowley@...>
        > >Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:45:14 -0700
        > >Subject: [lacbc] California Transportation Plan for
        > 2025
        > >

        > >Tomorrow is the meeting downtown for the California
        > Transportation
        > >Plan 2025 (at the Ronald Reagan Building 1:00 to
        > 4:00). I want to be
        > >there encouraging them to build a facility like the
        > one from the Caltrans
        > >art contest.
        > >
        > >Caltrans's bike freeway image:
        > >

        >http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/Images/Oleg%27s%20full%20size.jpg