[foothill-bike] LA-BAC Report from Jennifer Duke

  • Kevin Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 1998
      Jennifer Duke's Report [brackets are Kevin's] on the LA-BAC (Los Angeles
      Bicycle Advisory Committee) last night [they meet the first Tuesday of every
      month, except Aug and ?]:

      Fred Z. [our city Traffic and Transportation ally in City of Glendale] drove
      me down to the BAC meeting. Pauline Chan [does the engineering for City of LA
      bicycle facilities projects] presented a point system to rate various bike
      projects so the city would know what priority to give all the projects. It
      wasn't quite fair so they adjusted a bit to most everyone's satisfaction. Ryan
      Snyder presented a passionate plea to get going on the UCLA bikeway.[plans
      for an elevated bikeway in Westwood] Ron Milam introduced the new coalition
      [LA County Bike Coalition], and some other smaller topics.

      [Concerning a Los Feliz route into the new Glendale Transportation Center]:
      I presented our alternate route into the north side of the metrolink station
      and Ed Brostoff who represents the Atwater area described the streets I
      presented in minute detail. Michelle Mowery [City of LA bike coordinator] and
      Pauline Chan both seemed to want to follow up on it, and they asked Fred a
      couple of questions. Fred says he'll go back and pull the area up on the
      computer. Then follow up with a visit to the area. The response was quite
      positive. The Glendale portion is very easy and very do-able. They enjoyed
      hearing about the "FBI".

      [Thanks Jennifer for attending and for the quick report; sorry I couldn't make
      it myself.]

      --
      Kevin Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@...> - Pasadena, California
      FOOTHILL BICYCLE INITIATIVE <http://geocities.com/yosemite/3340/fbi/>

    • J. Duke
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 1998
        Kevin,
        Do you want to stay on schedule for a Friday 8:30 a.m.Glendale meeting with Fred
        only or wait for a time when his boss can be there also?
        Jennifer