Bike to Work Day, Mayor's Bike Ride in Pasadena

  • Dennis Crowley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2002
      Re: Bike to Work Day with a Mayor's Bike Ride in Pasadena. We need
      volunteers and participants.

      Pasadena is holding a big event for Bike to Work Day this year. We've
      talked several local vendors into donating various items for the event, but
      now we need to contact various advocacy groups, such as the Foothill Bike
      group, to see if they would like to set up a booth and provide either a
      short bicycle maintenance or safety demo. We have one bicycle shop that is
      planning to set up a tent and perform some diagnostic testing, as well as
      various City departments that will be providing health and safety tips. The
      basic itinerary for the day is as follows:

      6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. - Continental breakfast in front of City Hall
      (Pasadena Cyclery will have a tent set up for diagnostics)

      11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Mayor's Ride will begin at noon in front of City
      Hall and travel around Old Pasadena ending back in front of City Hall.
      Garfield Avenue and Holly Street in front of City Hall will be closed to
      vehicular traffic during this time. (We are still hoping to find food
      donations for the lunch time event. But at present, we are simply asking
      people to bring a brown bag lunch.)

      Please have any interested vendors or bicycle advocacy groups contact me for
      more information about the event.

      Sincerely,
      Jolene Piel
      Associate Planner
      Dept. of Public Works & Transportation
      Pasadena, California 90277
      (626) 744-7254
    • Vince Prohias
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2002
        Do we have a date for this event?? I might be able to put something in the
        Foothill Cycle Club's (different organization from the Foothill Bicycle
        Initiative) newsletter and web site. Gracias.
        --
        Vince Prohias
        El que no empieza; no termina.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2002