Earth Day @ Wild Oats

  • ronmilam2
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      Greetings Pasadena Folks,

      I just got a call from Wild Oats in Pasadena (Lake & California),
      requesting help with their Earth Day event on April 20th.

      They want someone to give a talk on why Biking is Good for people and
      the environment, and give safe riding tips. Can any of you help out
      with this? You can talk for as long or as short as you wish - but we
      need to let them know soon.

      Please email me if you want to help with this - rpm@labikecoalition by
      next Monday, April 8th. This is a great outreach opportunity for
      Foothill Bicycle Initiative.

      Thanks,

      Ron

      --
      Ron Milam, Executive Director
      Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        Hi Ron - I would be willing to talk about it. I do not have anything on my
        calendar for that day. I need to check with Eric, but you can tentatively
        put me down for it.

        - Jolene

      • Dennis Crowley
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2002
          Please join us in showing the city that there is popular support in the
          community for bike lanes on Colorado Blvd. Bring your bike helmet!

          City of Pasadena
          Planning & Development Department
          175 N. Garfield Avenue
          Pasadena, CA 91101

          COMMUNITY MEETING

          HELP PLAN THE FUTURE OF EAST COLORADO BLVD. AND ALLEN AVENUE

          For accessibility/accommodation information, or to find out more about the
          plan, contact Jason Kruckeberg, (626) 744-6834.
          You are invited to discuss the recommendations of the East Colorado Blvd.
          Specific Plan and set priorities for the future.
          JOIN US!

          WHEN:
          APRIL 18, 2002
          7:00 – 9:00 P.M.

          WHERE:
          HOLLISTON CHURCH
          1305 E. COLORADO BLVD.

          Directions: Park on the street or in the Church parking lot. The meeting
          will be held in the “Warmer Lounge”, follow the signs from the parking area.
          Refreshments will be provided.

          MEETING FORMAT:

          ? Brief presentation by staff of the key issues included in the DRAFT
          Specific Plan.

          ? Facilitated round table discussion with neighbors and community members on
          specific recommendations and priorities for the future of East Colorado
          Boulevard and North Allen Avenue.