[foothill-bike] Last Reminder: Ride-In this Sunday

  • K Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 1998
      Last Reminder about the Ride-In this Sunday afternoon (details below). I will
      be riding in from an alternative location: the Mulholland Fountain at
      Riverside and Los Feliz, which leaves at 11:45 PM; you're welcome to come along.

      If someone needs a bike rack lift from here, post a note on the list and we'll
      try to accomodate you.

      There should be a good number I think, but I'd appreciate it if you all would
      e-mail me directly <pfeiffer@...> if you _are_ coming. And bring a friend!

      *Information on Ride-In to Opening of Bike Exhibit*

      In conjunction with the LAC Bicycle Coalition we've organized a Sunday
      afternoon Ride-In for the Oct. 4th opening of the Pryor Dodge Bike Exhibit at
      UCLA's Fowler Museum.

      We're meeting in the parking lot behind the Federal Building (south of
      Wilshire and West of Veteran) at 1:00 pm and will then ride the short distance
      together to the UCLA campus, for the lecture (given by Pryor Dodge himself) at
      2:00 pm.

      Please invite everyone you know; the museum has graciously offered to let us
      distribute newsletters, etc. in their lobby and there's an opportunity for
      some possible (positive) press coverage.

      To learn more about the exhibit itself, take a look at http://users.aol.com/pryordodge/index.html

      From Press Release:
      "BICYCLES: HISTORY, BEAUTY, FANTASY" – LOCAL BICYCLISTS PLAN RIDE-IN TO
      EXHIBIT OPENING OCT. 4TH AT FOWLER MUSEUM, UCLA

      To celebrate the opening of this fine exhibit, cyclists are invited to join
      with the Foothill Bicycle Initiative and the Los Angeles County Bicycle
      Coalition in a Sunday Ride-In to the October 4th opening. Riders will gather
      at 1:00 pm in the parking lot behind the Federal Building, south of Wilshire
      and west of Veteran, where weekend parking is free; and then ride together
      east on Wilshire and north on Westwood to the UCLA campus.

      Presented as a companion presentation will be "Cruisin', Stylin' and
      Pedal-Scrapin'": the Art of the Lowrider Bicycle, curated by Patrick Polk,
      doctoral candidate in the Folklore and Mythology Program at UCLA. Both
      exhibits will be on view from October 4 through Jan. 3.

      --
      Kevin Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@...> - Pasadena, California
      FOOTHILL BICYCLE INITIATIVE <http://geocities.com/yosemite/3340/fbi/>

    • Linton, Joe
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 1998
        Hello All ---

        What I beleive Kevin meant to say was 11:45 AM (a mistake I've
        certainly made before).

        We'll be starting to assemble there around 11:30, so that we can
        depart right at 11:45 so we can meet up with other groups along the way...
        so be there on time!

        Joe