Help increase MTA funding for bikes!

  • Charles Witham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
      On July 26th, the MTA will decide how much it allocates to bicycle projects
      for the next 3 years. YOUR help is needed to increase bicycle funding to
      build needed bike lanes and paths throughout L.A. County.

      Funding will not increase unless the MTA Board of Directors hears from
      concerned folks like you. Please take a minute to send in a letter to the
      MTA board member that most represents you (and CC Board Chair John Fasana
      and the LACBC) by July 24th. A sample letter, background information,
      listing of currently funded and unfunded projects, and addresses for MTA
      Board Members is listed at: http://www.labikecoalition.org/writemta.html.

      We ask that you forward this message out to other people/organizations who
      might support this effort. Your help will help ensure that L.A. County is a
      safe and enjoyable place to bicycle. For more info on the L.A. County
      Bicycle Coalition, check out http://www.labikecoalition.org

      THANKS FOR HELPING OUT WITH THIS EFFORT!

      Sincerely,

      --
      Ron Milam
      Executive Director
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2001
        I just came from a meeting at Oxy where we were told that Caltrans
        will give its permission for a bike ride on the Pasadena Freeway!
        Date: Oct 6, 2002.