LACBC Meeting in Pasadena!

  • Kevin Pfeiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2000
      Thursday, October 5th
      LACBC GENERAL MEETING, 6-9pm
      @ the San Rafael Library in Pasadena, 1240 Nithsdale Ave

      [This is in the "chi-chi" San Rafael area of Pasadena; its bike
      connections are good. You can reach it from the south by coming up
      Avenue 64; from the west continue east from Colorado onto La Loma and
      turn left at Ave. 64; from the east you can take the Colorado Street
      bridge, then left on San Rafael and right on Nithsdale, or you can go
      west on California, left at Arroyo and then the quick right at the Loma
      Rd. bridge, then either right on San Rafael and left on Nithsdale or
      right on Ave. 64 and right on Nithsdale.]

      Come learn what's going on at the LACBC, find out how you can get more
      involved, and help us with a mailing party!

      6pm--gather, bring food to munch on.
      7pm--Hear LACBC updates, find out where you can get involved!
      8pm--Mailing Party! Help stuff envelopes for our annual
      appeal mailing to members

      MORE LACBC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
      Lots of exciting work to do, not enough bodies. Need folks like you to
      take on a little more, check our list of volunteer opportunities on our
      webpage at: http://www.labikecoalition.org/volunteer.html Call for
      Projects Committee meets Oct 9th @ 7:30, Membership needs folks to help
      w/ tabling, L.A. River working on public outreach, Newsletter in
      production needing help with distribution, Bikes on Transit finalizing
      goals. Grassroots in action. Thanks!

      LACBC IN THE PRESS!
      We received major T.V., radio and print coverage from our press
      conference responding to the MTA Strike -CBS, NBC, KCAL, Telemundo, KFI,
      KFWB, La Opinion, L.A. Times! Check out the following web page:
      http://www.latimes.com/news/state/reports/mtastrike/lat_bikes000928.htm
      Big thanks to all of the members who helped out with this event!

      LACBC RIDES
      Oct 8th - L.A. River w/ North East Trees and FoLAR
      Nov 19th - Hollywood w/ L.A. Bike Tours
      Dec. 3rd - Santa Monica -bike and Holiday's shopping ride (still in
      planning stage)
      see http://www.labikecoalition.org/news_events.html for more info

      Ride on,

      Ron Milam