Sat 4/18 @ 9:30 am - Glendale History ride

  • babzrowe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2009
      In a message dated 4/6/2009 4:50:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      _hscv@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:hscv@yahoogroups.com) writes:
      Glendale History Ride
      Posted by: "mike lawler" _lawlerdad@..._ (mailto:lawlerdad@...)
      lawlerdad
      Sat Apr 4, 2009 9:28 am (PDT)

      A Message from George Chapjian,
      Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services

      Glendale History Ride

      Mark your calendars and tell your friends! Parks, Recreation & Community
      Services, along with the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, is sponsoring the
      Glendale History Ride on Saturday, April 18, 2009.

      To promote the Safe & Healthy Streets Plan, and in honor of Earth Day, we’ll
      ride from the Glendale Transportation Center to The Grand Central Air
      Terminal, Brand Park, The Alex Theater, and other Glendale landmarks where members
      of the Glendale Historical Society will be on-hand to tell us the history of
      each location. We’re also going to visit the Glendale Recycling Center where
      everyone will get a chance to win a bicycle!

      The ride is approximately 12 miles with one gradual hill to Brand Park. It
      is not recommended for anyone who cannot complete a 12-mile ride and is not
      suitable for children under the age of nine. Younger children may participate if
      towed in a trailer, on a trail-a-bike, or riding in a child bike seat.

      The pace will be slow-to-moderate with multiple stops. No one gets left
      behind. A food stop is also planned, so bring some money for something to eat.
      Bring a lock to secure your bike as well.

      THE RIDE IS FREE! Helmets are required. Rain cancels the ride.

      Please be sure your bike is in good working condition and bring a spare tube
      or patch kit. If you’re unsure about the condition of your bike, we
      recommend taking it to a local bike shop for a tune-up at least several days before
      the ride.

      Start/end location:

      Glendale Transportation Center (Glendale Southern Pacific Railroad Depot)

      400 Cerritos Avenue, Glendale

      Meet at 9:30 am. - Ride starts at 10:00 am.

      For more information, please call Colin Bogart at (818) 334-9731 or visit:

      _http://la-bike.org/glendale/?p=211_ (http://la-bike.org/glendale/?p=211)

      steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
      %3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)