C.I.C.L.E.’s ‘Bikes in the City’ January Workshop Schedule

  • cicleorg
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      C.I.C.L.E.'s `Bikes in the City' Education
      January Workshop Schedule

      It's a Lifestyle worth living…
      C.I.C.L.E.'s workshops are designed to educate, encourage and
      empower those seeking to live the `bicyclist lifestyle'. Our
      Education Program curriculum
      <http://www.cicle.org/bike_now/ed_program_page.php> covers a wide
      range of topics—from developing greater confidence and control on
      your bike, to addressing smart solutions that will make your next bike
      commute a snap. Workshops are affordable, and we offer a sliding scale
      to those in need. Our primary goal is to get more people riding for
      everyday errands, for health, and for fun. So if you (or someone you
      know) could benefit from a little extra encouragement and expert
      guidance, be sure to give us a ring. We will get you riding. Workshops
      fill quickly. Call and/or write to reserve your spot. 323.478.0060 ::
      info@...

      Visit www.CICLE.org <http://www.cicle.org/> for more information.

      Sunday, January 4, 2009 : 10:00AM
      Learn to Ride a Bicycle : ( for grown-ups)

      Oh yes you can! C.I.C.L.E. knows how to teach an old dog some new
      tricks. We work with adults of all ages. No matter what your age,
      we'll get you up and riding. If you have the will, we have the
      patience, the understanding and the way.

      Class Fee: $20. Sliding scale available.
      Bike rental: $5. Sliding scale available
      Class Limit: 3
      Location: Beautiful Glassell Park

      Sunday, January 11, 2009 : 10:00 AM
      Handle It Better! Bike Handling Skills (Level 2)

      This intermediate level bike handling skills workshop will take your
      ability to the next level... oh yeah! Get ready to build a greater sense
      of confidence that will enhance your overall city bicycling experience.
      Gain better balance and control, and learn techniques that will enable
      you to navigate dense city traffic. Learn critical evasive maneuvers
      that will allow you to skillfully avoid tricky traffic situations and
      road debris and mucho more!

      Class Fee: $15. Sliding scale available.
      Class Limit: 10
      Location: Beautiful Glassell Park

      Saturday, January 31, 2009 : 10:00AM
      Traffic Basics: Get into the flow…

      Get street smart. Are you new to riding in city traffic? Do you need to
      hone your street riding skills? Then this is the perfect workshop to get
      you (or someone you love) out there bicycling on city streets both
      safely and confidently.

      Class Fee: $15. Sliding scale available.
      Class Limit: 6
      Location: Beautiful Glassell Park

      Contact us
      323.478.0060 :: info@... :: www.CICLE.org <http://www.cicle.org/>

      About C.I.C.L.E.
      Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange (C.I.C.L.E.) is a nonprofit
      organization based in Los Angeles working to promote the bicycle as a
      viable, healthy, and sustainable transportation choice. C.I.C.L.E. is a
      project of Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE), a non-profit
      public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) 3 of
      the Internal Revenue Code. Visit www.saveourplanet.org for more
      information.