South Pasadena Holiday Ride- TOYS AND MITTENS- Sat. Dec. 13

  • akgilchrist
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      C.I.C.L.E. HOLIDAY TOYS & MITTENS RIDE
      The Dec. 13 holiday bike ride will collect donations of toys and warm
      clothing to benefit families in need through Hathaway-Sycamore Family
      Services.

      C.I.C.L.E.'s third-annual Holiday Toys & Mittens Ride will take
      participants on a festive community bicycle ride that will gather
      toys and warm clothing from South Pasadena donation centers for
      families served by Hathaway-Sycamores Family Services. Ride
      participants are encouraged to bring a new unwrapped toy or articles
      of warm clothing to be distributed in time for the holidays to
      families in need.

      This relaxed and family-friendly ride meets at the Mission Street
      Metro Gold Line Station (905 Meridian Ave., South Pasadena, 91030) on
      Saturday, Dec. 13 at 11 a.m. and departs promptly at 11:30 a.m.

      Participants are encouraged to come dressed in their finest holiday
      duds with decorated bicycles (and are thus eligible to enter a raffle
      drawing to win prizes).

      Holiday tunes played from C.I.C.L.E.'s on-board sound system will
      fill the air as we wind through scenic South Pasadena on a short five-
      mile ride that will make stops at pre-placed collection boxes to
      retrieve donations with cargo bikes and bike trailers. People that
      cannot attend the ride may deliver their donation(s) to these
      participating merchants through December 12.

      Papa Don's Deli -- 303 Pasadena Ave., South Pasadena (626) 799-8397
      The Munch Company --1028 Mission St., South Pasadena (626) 441-1036
      Nicole's Gourmet Foods -- 921 Meridian Ave. Unit B, South Pasadena
      (626) 403-5751

      This ride is part of C.I.C.L.E.'s Urban Expeditions ride series, and
      is a great way for the beginning or novice cyclist to experience all
      of the joys of city bicycling in a relaxed and carefree environment.
      Participants 18 and younger are required to wear a helmet and must be
      escorted by a parent or guardian. Children 9 and younger should be on
      a tag-a-long, bike trailer, tandem, or other safe child-carrying
      device. This ride is free to all, and fully supported. For more
      information call 323.478.0060.