CICLE presents ARTRide Pasadena- Friday, Oct. 10 @ 6pm

  • akgilchrist
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      ARTRide Pasadena

      The adventures continue as Urban Expeditions brings the Art Ride to
      Pasadena Art Night. Join C.I.C.L.E. and friends for a guided bicycle
      tour of Pasadena and its cultural institutions Friday evening,
      October 10, 2008, at 6:00 PM. Cyclists and art lovers alike will
      enjoy this relaxing and engaging evening, perusing Pasadena's large
      collection of art galleries and museums, as well as absorbing live
      performances by local musicians and musical groups. ARTRide is
      produced in conjunciton with ARTNight, when Pasadena's cultural
      institutions open their doors to the public at no charge so that
      everyone may experience the rich culture and history of Pasadena and
      the beauty that is Pasadena at night.

      The Pasadena ARTRide is a recreational social event open to all skill
      levels. The ride will begin at One Colorado and wind through the
      streets of Pasadena, stopping at various at institutions.
      Participants will have time to explore exhibits and listen to music
      at each stop. The pace of the ride is relaxed and easy, and beginning
      bicyclists should feel free to join the ride. The ride is lead by
      experienced cyclists, and includes a sweep rider to ensure the group
      stays together.

      ARTRide is a part of Urban Expeditions, a monthly ride series of
      community-focused bicycle rides aimed at getting people out of their
      cars and onto their bikes for a cleaner, greener city. The Urban
      Expeditions series is made possible in part by REI. For more
      information, visit www.cicle.org.

      Who: C.I.C.L.E. and you!

      When:
 Meet Friday, October 10, 2008 at 6:00 PM. The ride departs at
      6:30 PM Sharp.

      Where:
 One Colorado Courtyard. One Colorado is one city block
      bounded by Fair Oaks, Colorado Boulevard, DeLacey and Union Street in
      Old Pasadena.
 Map: www.onecolorado.com…

      What to Bring:
 A bicycle in good running order (please have your
      bike inspected and tuned at least once a year at your local bike
      shop), lights for night riding, a bike lock. All participants under
      18 must wear a helmet. Children under age 9 should be on a tag-a-
      long, bike trailer, tandem, or other safe child-carrying device.
      Supervised parking is available, however each rider is asked to bring
      his or her own bicycle lock.

      Learn more about ARTNight Pasadena here:
      www.artcenter.edu…

      Friendly Streets : Healthy Body : Happy Planet
      We believe that our cities can be places that support an overall high
      quality of life--where people can enjoy clean air, calm and friendly
      streets, and closely connected and diverse communities.

      C.I.C.L.E. (Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange) is based in
      Los Angeles and works to promote the bicycle as a viable, healthy,
      and sustainable transportation choice. C.I.C.L.E. is a project of
      Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE), a non-profit public
      charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (c) 3 of the
      Internal Revenue Code. Visit www.cicle.org for more information.