[foothill-bike] Re: Critical Mass ride this Friday

  • rpmilam@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 1999
      What was the Pasadena Critical Mass ride like?

      In L.A. we had about 50 riders, and we went by the LAPD station that is
      allowing parking in the Bike Lane. We had a great time, and feasted at
      Mo's Better Meatty Meat Burgers on Fairfax and Pico.

      Ron

      or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/foothill-bike
    • Claudine Chen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 1999
        We had about 12 riders, which is less than what we've had in the past,
        but we got the most driver response this time. (Was it a full moon?) We
        normally get no more than one person who shows us how irate he/she is at
        us for slowing him/her down. This time, we had several unhappy honks,
        some happy beeps, and some friendly yells. It was strange. We had fun.
        Hope to see some of you on future rides!

        I'm a little curious what your opinion about Critical Mass. For/against?
        Pros/cons? I thought a Critical Mass would be good to unify bikers, and to
        make bikes more visible, but I know some people who don't like it, and
        would like to know what all of you think. If you don't want to clutter
        this email group, please send responses directly to me.

        Thanks,
        Claudine

        On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 rpmilam@... wrote:

        > What was the Pasadena Critical Mass ride like?
        >
        > In L.A. we had about 50 riders, and we went by the LAPD station that is
        > allowing parking in the Bike Lane. We had a great time, and feasted at
        > Mo's Better Meatty Meat Burgers on Fairfax and Pico.
        >
        > Ron

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/foothill-bike
      • Dennis Crowley
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 1999
          >would like to know what all of you think. If you don't want to clutter
          >this email group, please send responses directly to me.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Claudine

          I personally think that this is the exactly
          the place where these things need to be discussed.

          Anyone else?

          dc

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/foothill-bike