Attn: Bowl Loop Riders

  • Dennis Crowley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      Attention Bowl Loop riders (as if you don't know already) the NFL
      issue on the ballot spells the end of bicycling the Loop as we know
      it.

      Aside from having the NFL games in the Huge New Stadium, neglected in
      most of the proposal discussions is that the measure includes 900,000
      square feet of commercial development along with the new stadium,
      turning the Bowl into a mall with restaurants, shops and sports-bars,
      etc. While providing profitable lease-space to the NFL this would
      attract traffic everyday not just game days.

      To get right down to the fundamentals, the NFL wrote/funded this
      measure without any other input/negotiations from the city and it is
      legally binding on the city, tt gives full control of the Bowl area
      to the NFL and nothing to Pasadena. This is not the way to do
      business nor is it a way treat this unique and historic venue.

      Dennis