Bike Gripes Star News

  • Roger H. Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2004
      Hey Gang -- have a look at the Stars-News column
      http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/Stories/0,1413,206~22097~2383115,00.html

      Isn't it interesting that when a car driver fails to keep a proper lookout
      and strikes a cyclist, that according to the officer the bike was passively
      "not seen" and we focus on improving cyclist visibility, not on car-driver
      failure to drive safely. Sheesh.

      Also, not a single word by officers about the morons in cars that shout "get
      on the sidewalk" at cyclists . . . or who make illegal and deadly left turns
      in front of cyclists . . etc etc.

      I think a few follow-up emails are in order . . . . with cc's to the Letters
      editor .. . . whadya say?

      Roger