Re: QUIZ No. 71 : HACCP QUIZ

  • Amitabh Pandey
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In foodees@yahoogroups.com, "anant dave" <swaraj177@...> wrote:

      > friends we are already aware about the systems caled HACCP.....
      > what are the pre requsites for HACCP ?
      > what is an hazard.....?
      > if u have that basic back ground...... try this
      > when a food is alergic to an individual..... what kind of hazard
      does
      > it pose to the consumer ?
      > how do u classify allergenicity as an hazard in HACCP
      > regards
      > anant
      Hello Anant,
      HACCP as we all know, Hazard Ananlysis and Critical Control Point.
      Hazard is defined as presence of chemical, physical,
      microbiological any any thing which create health hazard to the
      consumer, i.e., it creates an general perception about a product that
      this product is bad, once a consumer got something inside that
      particular product like, hair of animal or man, certain bad or foul
      smell, or found a particle that is not desirable in that particular
      product. A person get a hair when he enjoying icecream, if that
      person is sensitive, then he starts vomiting or just throw away the
      ice-cream. Next time he never buy ice-cream, if he buy then only
      after carefull examination.
      In HACCP we all try to minimize this incidents that it will never be
      happen in Future by proper modifying the whole product processing and
      manufacturing line. We make critical control points in the product
      manufacturing line where hazard may occur.
      OK BUY for Now.

      Anant, I will submit my thesis in this week.
      OK Get back to me.
    • karthik
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        hai frndz
        regarding haccp
        to identify a ccp there is a method called OSR
        OSR stands for ;Occurence, Severity and Risk
        Occurence is nothing but the number of times the hazard occurs,  may be once in a week, or a month etc.,
        Severity means the effect of hazard on the consumer i.e., will he affected for a month or a week or death
        and risk is the product of both O and S

        with regards
        v.karthikeyan

        anant dave <swaraj177@...> wrote:
        friends we are already aware about the systems caled HACCP.....
        what are the pre requsites for HACCP ?
        what is an hazard.....?
        if u have that basic back ground...... try this
        when a food is alergic to an individual.. ... what kind of hazard does
        it pose to the consumer ?
        how do u classify allergenicity as an hazard in HACCP
        regards
        anant

      • Caroline Levy
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006

          A software called eHACCP Ò-by Food Design, classify hazards categories as:

          Food Safety (P, Q, B or A)

          Hygiene (i.e. hair)

          Quality Perceived by consumer (i.e. viscosity, texture, flavor)

          Some companies consider Allergenic hazard as type of chemical hazards. (MONTIMORE S., WALLACE C.- HACCP-A pratical approach, Aspen Publishers, 1998)

          --
          Caroline Takita Levy
          takita.levy@...