Re: [foodees] Pesticides Limit in Spice Powders [1 Attachment]

  • Jomy Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011

      Refer below web sites
      UK MRL:https://secure.pesticides.gov.uk/MRLs/EC/MRLlist.asp
      EU MRL:http://ec.europa.eu/comm/food/plant/protection/pesticides/index_en.htm .
      Spain (selected crop pimiento)http://www.infoagro.com/abonos/lmr.asp
      Hope you may get some iformations

      --- On Sun, 30/1/11, syed irshaan <irshaan.syed@...> wrote:

      From: syed irshaan <irshaan.syed@...>
      Subject: [foodees] Pesticides Limit in Spice Powders [1 Attachment]
      To: foodees@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, 30 January, 2011, 11:20 PM

      Hi Foodees,

      I work in a firm where curry powders are produced. I have a doubt regarding Pesticides - MRL (maximum residue limits) in Spices. If you once go through the attached MRL file you can find that it depicts about the MRL for separate  entities (i.e for seeds, fruit, roots,bark etc) for each pesticides .

      For whole spices and for whole spice powders the attached MRL can be taken as reference.

      But What about the MRL for Curry Powders ????

      (Note: Curry powder is a blend of different spices of different origins (i.e) of bark,seeds, leaves etc). Hence I wanna know whether
      •  there is a MRL for pesticides in curry powders?
      • any standard spec for MRL followed by EU nations, which is my area of interest.

      Kindly through light on this subject. Thanks in advance.

      Syed Irshaan
      Food Technologist