ginger-garlic paste

  • niranjana
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      Dear frenz
      Please post your suggesions regarding the following queries.

      What is the proportion of ginger and garlic to be used in ginger-garlic paste, What type of processing and preservative can be used for a commercial production to increase its shelf life? Is water used in grinding? Or simply where i can get these informations?
    • Ash Tank
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
        in case of GINGER GARLIC proportions, it is variable and depends on the preference. But it does have some standard according to the application.

        Water is used,  but instead you can use ACID in form of acetic acid (dil) which will also aid in your preservation. Without adding water you may not get the consistency of a paste. it will be thickened but again depends how much flowbility you require.

        Mainly glass jars and flexible packaging materials are used in packaging.

        you can carry out a analysis on sensory on various similar products available that will help you to keep the ratio of the two.

        Regards,
        Ashutosh

        On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:08 AM, niranjana <jana_dutt@...> wrote:

        Dear frenz
        Please post your suggesions regarding the following queries.

        What is the proportion of ginger and garlic to be used in ginger-garlic paste, What type of processing and preservative can be used for a commercial production to increase its shelf life? Is water used in grinding? Or simply where i can get these informations?

      • dj Jadhav
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2010

          In case of preservation you can use KMS, salt and Acetic acid.

          You need to add water during grinding there only you have adjust your consistency  and after that you need to cook it.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2010
            Thank you very much sir.
            One more thing. I need to know specifications for Ginger-Garlic Paste like consistency, preservative level etc., Will it be available in FPO specifications...?