Re: [foodees] Hi..

  • vinoth T
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16 9:07 AM
      Hi All,
        Actually the company is ready to pay till 15K for a right candidate. Its a great place and wonderful folks around to work with. I worked there when it was a smaller scale. U'll have a complete freedom and great opportunity to grow. And the company is in the stage of development so u can see and learn the operations of developing. I talked to Director, he's looking for FPE graduates with atleast two years exp in quality assurance who knows about GMP and SSOP. As I said its a great place for ur career growth.

      Good Luck........... Vinoth T

      Message 2 of 7 , May 16 10:22 AM
        Dear list members: For your comments, thanks much.

        What can restaurant patrons do to evaluate food safety?

        Here are some practical things a consumer can do to evaluate food safety in restaurants:

        Records

        In Florida, ask to see the latest inspection report. File a complaint if not provided to you, its the law. Look at critical violations, all are potential risk factors for FBI- ask if they are corrected.

        Bathrooms

        Bathrooms may or may not indicate the safety of food handling in the kitchen but a excessively soiled bathrooms are a danger sign. Also:

        No paper towels, soap or broken sinks and fixtures

        No warm water at sink ( not always required unless employees use the sink, they may have their own bathroom)

        No cleaning schedule posted or not up to date

        No mandatory employee hand wash sign

        No covered waste receptacle in ladies room

        Food Temperature

        Hot foods served to you must be hot. Reject any lukewarm foods, especially foods prepared in bulk such as soups, gravies, rice, cooked vegetables.

        Cold foods like prepared salads and sandwiches must be cold.

        Proper cooking

        All cooked foods, thoroughly cooked. Reject any undercooked foods especially fish, hamburgers, pork and chicken. Color is deceptive but red blood is definitely a sign of under cooking of meat. Rare steaks and roasts may be ordered per consumer request. Look for warning signs about undercooked foods on the menu, language must be readable. Look for consumer warnings where raw shellfish served

        Foreign objects

        Excessive jewelry on food workers you can see and on waitresses. Employees without hair restraints of some type, especially production personnel if you can see them.

        Hygiene

        Workers with soiled aprons, workers in the bathroom still wearing gloves (yes it happens) aprons must be removed first, obviously.

        Employees who do not wash their hands between orders and tasks if they are directly contacting your food. Excessive sneezing, coughing of any food related personnel.

        Workers who handle foods excessively without using gloves

        Food Protection during storage display and service

        Failure to provide sneeze guards, proper utensils with handles out of product and covers for food in self service areas. Self service to be posted with “use a new plate for refills” sign

        Recycled relish trays

        Open bread bags and foods in containers that customer must reach into with bare hands

        Ice that customers scoop themselves.

        Any open unprotected displayed foods

        Any protein rich foods stored or displayed without temperature controls, especially Calzones, Stromboli, and even pizza.

        Self serve cans and bottles or other food containers in un-drained ice (very common in convenience stores)

        Pest control

        Flies in production, dining or serving areas

        Any roaches seen, or any crawling inspects including ants

        Any rodents seen (file complaint with agency)

        Waste Management

        Water leaking through the parking lot from dumpster or compactors

        Excessive odors near dumpsters

        Over flowing trash at dumpster

        Evidence of mop water disposed in parking lot

        This checklist can be used by consumers. Let them know if they use this to send me email reports of the restaurant, name and location etc., I will post to my website. Consumers are an under utilized means to create pressure for food safety at this level.

        Lets make inspectors out of consumers!

      • Khan
        Message 3 of 7 , May 16 10:24 AM
          Hi All

          Plz give me some knowledge about the processing and production of margarine. What are the problems that occur during its processing.

          Hope to get positive reply..

        • sowmya p
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17 12:05 AM
            thanks for ur information sir.. kindly say mailid

            Message 5 of 7 , May 19 1:36 AM
              Dear all,

              As Vinod sir said the company is well established. And one more thing is that I didn't get any CVs with min 2 years experience in the same field such as Veg and Fruit processing, brine preparation etc, so kindly send ur CV to ma email id those who r interested asap.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 20 9:54 AM
                here u go for the email id. the application should be addressed to Mr. Srikanth, Director.
                sgrfoods@...
                ganeshram@...