protein rich ice cream

  • sushil_foodworld
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2009
      hello all

      I HAVE TO PREPARE PROTEIN RICH ICE CREAM, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME IN FINDING OUT THAT HOW CAN I.

      YOU ALL PLEASE GIVE SOME SUGGESTIONS.

      REGARDS
      SUSHIL SETIA
      9899222124
    • arpita rathi
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2009
        hi
        try using soyabean milk...if that can work out

        Arpita

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2009
          Add any one / combination of followings

          - UF concentrated milk
          - Casein / caseinates
          - Whey protein concentrate (WPC)

          Casein and WPC are widely available in Indian market..

          Suggestions are welcome.
          Regards

          Tushar Joshi
          0091 9373084757 (m)
          0091 2112 243544 (o)
          P   Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread environmental awareness.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2009
            Dear All
                try using soy protein isolate in biscuits.

            with regards,
            Preetha P
            Food Technologist

            preeth

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2009
              Dear Sushil,

              What is the percentage of protein you are targeting at? In what category of regulations do you want to sell these ice-creams?

              Milk products like fluid milk and ice-creams are already good sources of milk proteins. Fortifying these with other sources of proteins like soy isolates and the rest would improve protein score certainly.

              However the Prevention of Food and Adulteration Act in India does not allow these to be used in "ICECREAMS" category.

              FYI,
              Regards,
              Anant

              --- In foodees@yahoogroups.com, "sushil_foodworld" <sushil_foodworld@...> wrote:

              > hello all
              >
              > I HAVE TO PREPARE PROTEIN RICH ICE CREAM, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME IN FINDING OUT THAT HOW CAN I.
              >
              > YOU ALL PLEASE GIVE SOME SUGGESTIONS.
              >
              > REGARDS
              > SUSHIL SETIA
              > 9899222124

            • Krish Srikanth
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2009
                Sushil,

                you could fortify your mix with dairy proteins by using following :

                Skim milk powder
                Whole milk powder
                Total milk protein or Milk protein isolate/ Milk protein concentrate
                Sodium or calcium Caseinate
                Whey protein isolate or whey protein concentrate.

                Careful balancing of fat-SNF is important.

                regards

                AK

                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2009
                  dear all

                  thanks to all for giving your suggestions on protein rich ice cream.

                  THANKS ANANT FOR SHOWING SUCH INVOLVEMENT IN MY QUESTYION.

                  ANANT FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE BUT CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME, WHERE IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF PFA.

                  I WANT TO INCREASE PROTIEN CONTENT OF ICE CREAM FOR BODY BUILDERS.