Greetings from Andrew Meit

  • meitnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2009
      Hello,

      I am seeking tutorials on creating custom unicode encodings for medieval latin fonts. I have a font which has 290 char slots but has a non-standard encoding. I have created the names for each slot based on UNICODE key words. I was told I should use PUA but where do I get the numbering for each slot and how would I then access the chars via a Gui in CS4 suite? Feel free to call me 954-791-5226 anytime. Thanks for your help.

      shalom, Andrew Meit
    • Michael Everson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2009
        Why aren't you using real Unicode encoding?
        I helped to add dozens of medievalist characters. See http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UA720.pdf
        for instance.