How to resize a font?

  • Michael Everson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2009
      I'm drawing a font in Fontographer, but processing it with FontLab. I have a font metrics problem, and I am not sure what the right way to fix it is.

      The problem is that the font is way too small compared to other fonts. http://www.evertype.com/fonts/syllabics/Allatuq-sizes-14-14-14.pdf shows my font (the middle one, Allatuq) alongside two others. http://www.evertype.com/fonts/syllabics/Allatuq-sizes-14-18-14.pdf shows the three again, but Allatuq is now set at 18 point.

      How can I resize Allatuq correctly?
    • johnroshell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2009
        Use Element > Transform (or command \ ), select "Basepoint" and "Scale uniformly" then choose a percentage.

        I'd select one character and experiment to find the right percentage, then Undo, select all of the characters and transform them at once.

        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2009
          --- In fontographer@yahoogroups.com, "johnroshell" <jg@...> wrote:

          > Use Element > Transform (or command \ ), select "Basepoint" and "Scale uniformly" then choose a percentage.
          >
          > I'd select one character and experiment to find the right percentage, then Undo, select all of the characters and transform them at once.

          John,

          In the end this is what I did... I could not find a good way to do it in FontLab (not any response from the FontLab forum on the query) but tried-and-true Fontographer did the job just fine.

          Michael