Names lists in Fog and in FL

  • Michael Everson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      One of the things that really bugs me is how the names list in Fontographer and the names
      list in FontLab have minor differences.

      I always use Fontographer to draw my characters; then I process my fonts with FontLab,
      which sorts out some problems that Fontographer causes in modern operating systems.

      The disconnect between the names lists is annoying; whenever I open a font in Fontlab
      several characters are duplicated because of nameslist issues.

      There are ways of editing the names list in Fontographer; I've been doing it for years on the
      Mac with ResEdit. I'm considering a serious review of Fog's names list to see if I can fix my
      own copy.

      Has anyone else out there done similar work? Or noticed the problem?