Fontographer leading problem

  • Jean Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm actually making a script font in fontographer 4 (for OsX). I encounter a problem thaht I can't go through.

      My characters have big ascents and descents, and with no over settings, the lines interfere each other when I type some letters in a software (Indesign for instance), which is normal.

      I'm trying to modify the leading so the differents characters lines won't interfere each other, but whatever amount I specifie, the result is ALWAYS the same.

      Moreover, I have set some kerning by pairs with different letters, but it does not appear when I generate then use my ttf font.

      I can export my metrics correctly, but those different settings aren't present in the typo I generate.

      Can you explain me why, and what I'm not doing correctly

      I thank you very much and I whish you a good day.

      ikyo

    • kazclawd
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
        I'm not sure I can help you, as I am in the process of converting my work station from OS 8
        to OS X. Is the problem with overlapping asents and decents as well as with letterspacing?
        I have no experience with inDesign, I work mostly in vector based aps.

        Maybe someone else has more experience and can help you better than me. I would
        suggest you check your font in other applications to see if leading (line spacing) works
        better. It could be that the application does not support leading.

        As far as FOG not relflecting the changes you make, it could be a corrupted file - that is a
        guess.

        Good luck! - Dave

        --- In fontographer@yahoogroups.com, Jean Smith <calicalikyo@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm actually making a script font in fontographer 4 (for OsX). I encounter a problem
        thaht I can't go through.

        > My characters have big ascents and descents, and with no over settings, the lines
        interfere each other when I type some letters in a software (Indesign for instance), which is
        normal.

        > I'm trying to modify the leading so the differents characters lines won't interfere each
        other, but whatever amount I specifie, the result is ALWAYS the same.

        > Moreover, I have set some kerning by pairs with different letters, but it does not appear
        when I generate then use my ttf font.

        > I can export my metrics correctly, but those different settings aren't present in the typo I
        generate.

        > Can you explain me why, and what I'm not doing correctly
        >
        > I thank you very much and I whish you a good day.
        >
        > ikyo

      • calicalikyo
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
          Thanks for your message kazclawd

          I don't think my file corrupt (I've import all my letters in a new
          file and it's always the same).

          The way my font overlap is the same in all the software I have.
          Moreover, Indesign is a vector based aps :)

          See you Dave !!

          Ikyo