This should be an easy one

  • padmaandj@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2012
      Hello Fontographers!
      I got a contract to to 30 fonts and I'm re-learning Fontographer (using 5.0) after 20 years.
      It's going really great except I'm having ONE major problem and it's costing me tons of extra
      work around time, and my deadline is TIGHT!

      The client provided eps files of 30 handwritten fonts, and when I import the individual character files in Fontographer,
      it's making every character the height of an upper case letter! So I'm having to scale down every
      character that's shorter than an upper case letter, which is A LOT of characters!

      You'd think there'd be some simple setting that would "import objects at original size
      instead of fitting to the x height" but I can't seem to find it. I even have the manual
      and I've looked and looked and tried at least 20 different things. Nothin'.

      Can anybody help?
      Thanks in advance!
      - Ty Semaka
    • fontmachine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2012
        Hello, draw a rectangle as high as the highest glyph, and copy this along anytime you paste something in Fontographer.
        I would make lines of glyphs in Illustrator first, they copy 10 or 20 glyphs at a time including the rectangle and paste in Fontographer.
        Then in the glyph window: select all, press shift and deselect the first glyph, go to next glyph, paste, click a point, drag everything to the left while pressing shift, repeat deselect the first glyph, etc.

        Good luck!