Invitation message, sent to the FontLab@groups.msn.com list

  • Michael Everson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2005
      I have been an avid Fontographer user from its beginnings at Altsys in 1985. Yes, twenty
      years I have relied on Fontographer! No one was happier then I was to learn that FontLab
      was taking over development, and I have been using the new Fontographer ever since its
      release.

      I have created this discussion group because I love Fog and want to discuss using it in its
      new incarnation with other users. While I hope that Adam and Yuri will bless this
      discussion group and join it. I would LIKE to be able to say that Fontographer developers
      will visit the group and participate in the discussion. But that is up to them.

      For the present. the group announcement states:

      ====
      This is a group for those who use Fontographer, in particular the new Fontographer
      marketed by FontLab. This is a place to discuss problems, exchange ideas, and help each
      other out. At present it is just for fellow-users, though we will try to attract FontLab's
      Fontographer developers to our list. Spammers and flamers will be banned upon first
      offense.
      ====

      I do not personally find that the "regular e-mail" functions of MSN Groups work well for
      me at all; indeed I find it very difficult to get good results from any of the ones I have been
      subscribed to. Accordingly I have created this as a Yahoo Groups discussion list because I
      have found them to be user-friendly and easy to run.

      Fontographers of the world, unite! I hope to see you joining the new list soon.

      Michael Everson
      www.evertype.com