Dissapearing fonts

  • drcchenderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2002
      I have windows 98 and I'm having a problem and was wondering if any
      one else out there has had the same problem and knows what to do
      about it. this is what is happening: when I am in certain programs
      paintshop pro, adobe photoshop, etc. sometimes my fonts are there and
      sometimes they are all gone. sometimes only the ttf fonts are there
      and sometimes only my post script fonts are there. It's so
      frustrating. I turn off my adobe type manager and I can at least get
      my ttf fonts what a hassel.
      Anyone got any suggestions?
      Deb
    • kalligraphos
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
        "drcchenderson" wrote:
        > I have windows 98 and I'm having a problem and
        > was wondering if any one else out there has had
        > the same problem and knows what to do about it.

        Deb,

        I have the answer to all your problems. Look on the front of your
        CPU's case. I'll bet you are missing a critical bit of Graphic Design
        hardware. You are most likely missing a little plastic multicolored
        fruit. If you had one of those on your CPU, your system would work as
        a fun, useful, creativity-fostering, stable Graphic Design
        workstation!

        All else is folly...

        (chuckling through my 6-year-old Mac9500, running System 9.1, Quark
        4.1, Illustrator8, and Photoshop 8 with no problems...)

        Good luck. You've chosen a Herculean task, getting fonts to work with
        some semblence of reliability or stability under Windows.

        Blessings on you, you must be a saint.

        --Kalligraphos